Too Good To Be True

''I never imagined a wedding to be this much fun,'' you smiled.

You and Sherlock made your way to the after party of John and Mary's wedding after solving an unexpected, yet very thrilling case.

''I wasn't expecting to finally solve that case here, but it turned out much better than I had anticipated,'' Sherlock agreed.

''Your speech was amazing too. I think it had everyone in the room in tears. Even I struggled to keep the tears at bay,'' you chuckled.

''I'm glad I did well. I've been stressing over it since John asked me to be his best man.''

''I know,'' you leant against him, rubbing his arm in comfort. ''You were great.''

''Couldn't have done it without you. Both the case and speech.''

''You've been so romantic tonight, Sherlock. Has this wedding turned you soft?'' You smiled cheekily at him.

''Would you just accept my complements? I'm trying to be considerate.''

You pecked his cheek. ''Did John tell you how to act accordingly in a relationship?''

A faint blush coated his cheeks. He smiled sheepishly at you. ''It was actually Mary.''

''You're unbelievable sometimes. You know that?''

''I do,'' he hummed. ''You don't seem to mind.''

''I don't.''

He stopped walking and turned you towards him. ''Care to dance?''

''Under no circumstances will I be dancing tonight!''

''It's a wedding. It's kind of mandatory.''

''I've never danced before, Sherlock. I would like to keep it that way. I don't possess the necessary skills for dancing.''

''I'll teach you.''

''No, Sherlock, I don't –''

Before you could finish, he twirled you around and caught you back in his arms with ease. He pulled you against his chest and gently took your hand, placing it on his shoulder. He took your other hand and held it tightly in his own as he firmly held onto your waist. He slowly began to sway. ''You're an excellent student, (Y/N).'' He chuckled, seeing the terrified expression on your face.'

''Shut up,'' you muttered, focussing on your feet. You accidentally stepped on his toes and immediately apologised, face red in embarrassment.

''It's fine,'' he laughed. ''Every beginner makes mistakes. You'll be an amazing dancer in no time.''

''At least I have a good teacher,'' you sighed. You rested your head against him and let him sway you.

''I'm glad you're with me tonight. I haven't been looking forward to this particular day, but it hasn't been so bad with you here.''

You smiled up at him. ''No problem. Glad to help.'' You could hear some loud music in the distance, but you didn't care about the others at this moment. All you could think of was the man who was holding you.

You wanted this magical moment to last forever, but, unfortunately, it couldn't.

''We should head to the afterparty,'' Sherlock mentioned. ''Their first dance will be soon. I need to be there in order to play.''

''I know.'' You pulled away from him. ''I'm not in the mood to deal with all those people again. There'll be even more than at the ceremony. Everyone will be drunk and loud. I'd much rather stay out here with you.''