Grand Magic Games - Before Day 3

You woke up in your shared hotel room, like usual. You showered, dressed, woke your brother, everything that you would do in the mornings. You believed that what happened last night was just a dream. That was the only plausible explanation. If it wasn't a dream, everyone would know about your secret, and a complete stranger would know the reason why you never share your feelings or powers. But nothing out of the ordinary was happening, at least you thought. Soon you noticed Laxus giving you strange glances, as if he was worried you would do something bad. He wouldn't walk directly next to you either, he would have to be in front or behind you. That was when you realised your nightmare had become true.

You didn't go to eat breakfast with your guild. Instead, you exited Crocus, like you attempted to do the previous night. Unfortunately, you would eventually have to face your guild and that dragon-slayer whom you fought with. So, to help gather your courage, you walked. You walked to the place where Elementa would bring you if you felt sad or lost. It was a while away, but the exercise would help to clear your head. Plus, you could just teleport when you were far enough away from Crocus. You would be going to see the Grand Magic Games, even if that meant facing Fairy Tail before you were ready. Soon, you came to the edge of a forest. Looking around, you made sure there were no other people, before concentrating on the place and teleporting.

When you opened your eyes, you were on the edge of a massive cliff. Below you stood an endless drop. You smiled. This place brought back so many happy memories, you just couldn't help it. You turned around. There, stretched out across a wide expanse, was your lake. Above it, another sheer cliff. Up there was where the cave in which you lived for a single precious year. Elementa would rarely bring you to this lake. It was a place for relaxing and reflecting. You would stand in the shallows, just up to your knees, and stare out at the glistening surface. It was completely still. You'd only come here once after Elementa died, and that was when the other dragons had decided that you no longer needed training. The last time you came here with Elementa, was the day before she died. She'd told you something that made no sense, even to this day.
"You are our whole legacy."
Maybe she was talking about the dragons, maybe she meant the two of you as a family, whatever it was, she never got to tell you the whole meaning, as she died the next day.

Though you were alone, you didn't want the tears that were pooling in your eyes to win. You had to stay strong. For yourself, and for your dragon. Then you realised, you'd never made her a grave. Her remains were probably still rotting away in your cave. You couldn't bring yourself to go and look. And making a grave meant that you accepted her death and moved on. You smiled sadly to yourself, finally letting the tears cascade down your face. This was the last time you would show your emotions. You had to stay strong. If that meant facing Fairy Tail, then so be it. You glanced at your reflection in the lakes surface. Without even realising it, you'd kept your mask on the whole time you'd been with Fairy Tail. You'd never let them see your real face, not even on that first day that you were re-united with your brother and grandfather. Hesitantly, you let the mask dissolve. You saw the red, puffy (E/C) eyes that you had come to know disappear into a cloud, along with your (H/L), (H/C) hair. Soon, you were staring at someone else. Yes, you felt the same, but your reflection showed something completely different. Your eyes were now different colours, one yellow and one purple, the same colour as Elementa's. Your hair was waist length, shiny, and splattered with different colours. The roots were a natural brown colour, but the rest was like a colour explosion.

Your tears stopped, as you stared at the unfamiliar face in front of you. Kneeling down, you reached out a hand to touch the reflection. The water rippled and swirled, distorting the image. You sat back on your heels, looking up at the cloudy sky. You were so confused. You barely looked human. Sure, you had skin, and teeth, but even they resembled pointed fangs, canines sticking over your bottom lip. Other people had strange hair, and strange eyes, but they all resembled people. You resembled a dragon. Maybe it had something to do with what Elementa told you that day. But before you had a chance to think about it more, a dark shadow sped past you from above. Your eyes widened. It was a dragon. But not any dragon, it was the black and blue monster that had attacked your guild on Tenroe Island. It was Achnologia.
You stood hurriedly. You couldn't fight him right now, and he had obviously seen you. You attempted to do the one thing you could, run away. You'd barely taken a step before the beast had flown directly in front of you, hovering over the face of the cliff.
"Hello, Queen."