Heir

"You're my heir."

That sentence played over and over again in your head, as you sat with your legs dangling over a branch of a tree. You'd walked just out of Magnolia, looking for some time to think about things for yourself. It was twice now that you'd been called an heir. The first time, you'd let it go, insistent that Achnologia was lying, but now... you weren't sure what to believe now. How were you going to be the dragon princess, and be in charge of whatever the mysterious man was currently ruling. You grit your teeth, your confusion turning to fury.
"What the hell does this mean!"

The walk back to the guild seemed to take longer then usual. Maybe it was the fact that your thoughts were swirling, preventing you from focusing on a single one. Maybe it was because townspeople were staring at you, clearly wondering who you were. You heard them whispering. Nothing they said was good. But, maybe the trip was longer because you never actually made it back.

You woke up, head throbbing, in a dark, musty room. It was more like a cell actually, with concrete walls, and floor which you had been, carefully, thrown onto. You could sense the metal bars, though you didn't know the substance that they were made from. You were certain that your head was bleeding, you might've bruised some bones as well. You tried to remember how you got there, but to no avail. All you could do was lay still, and hope that someone came to get you before your thoughts ate you up alive. You didn't try using magic, you didn't want to. You felt tired and drained, and all you wanted to do was sleep.

"(Y/N) Dreyar, correct?" An authoritative voice interrupted your slumber. "I'm surprised you haven't tried to break out. I've heard of your power." It continued. Though you were on edge, the deep voice seemed to be lulling you back into slumber. "Ah. Maybe it's because of our lord's connection with you. You seemed to be rather drawn to him didn't you. Shame, really." You jumped when a cold hand touched your forehead. Your eyes snapped open, though you knew they weren't quite as intimidating as they previously were. They probably looked drained, and faded, instead of the glowing, piercing colours they naturally were. You growled, showing the blurry person in front of you that you did not appreciate the physical contact. He merely laughed, gently scooping up some of your tangled hair and examining it.
"You really are beautiful. Probably more so when the lord lets you go. I hope he does soon, you could be a great asset to our army." You tried to use your arm to smack away his hand, but your muscles were locked, refusing to move.
"For now, sleep. The transformation will start when you wake again." The man covered your eyes with his hand.
"Sleep"

You opened your eyes. The room you were in looked unfamiliar, very much unlike the cell you had been in last time you woke up. It was bright, though it seemed like it was underground, and full of strange tanks filled with a glowing blue liquid. Some even had objects in them. Objects strangely resembling humans, only they were deformed. It was then that your eyes fell upon a very familiar person within one of the tanks, soaking in the liquid. Black particles had begun crawling up her body, and she was unconscious, held up by taught chains.
"Minerva." You whispered. The spacial mage looked almost... dead.
"Admiring my work are you." An incredibly annoying voice interrupted your thoughts. "I personally don't care for her. I'll rip apart her face and make her ugly." Alarmed by the sudden threat, you turned to look at who had spoken. It was a small girl, with black bunny ears, anda fluffy lab coat.
"Who are you?" You asked. She smirked.
"I'm Lamy. It's my job to make all of the boys here more handsome." She skipped closer to you, stopping inches from your face. You instinctively went to push her back, but found your wrists chained. You realised that you were in one of the tanks, sat on the edge.
"I don't like you." Lamy decided. "So I'm going to ruin your pretty little face."
You gulped, as Lamy walked behind your tank. You felt the chains tighten, pulling you to your feet.
"You'll be even more powerful than you could ever imagine." Lamy whispered. That was the last thing you heard, before the glowing blue liquid rose up to your head. Though you thought it would fill your lungs, you continued breathing normally. However, a sudden drowsiness washed through your body, even though you had just woken up.