Awakening

You woke to screams. That and deafening explosions. You were aware of the shadows crossing your room from the window, but you couldn't quite see. You were stuck in a half conscious half unconscious state. Unfortunately, this meant you could hear the pounding footsteps, and desperate cries outside, but you couldn't help them.

Crashes were sounding from all around you. You could tell that you were completely alone in this place, all of the people that would have been around you were either evacuated or trying to find out or fight whatever was going on. But for some reason you had been left alone.

It wasn't pleasant, hearing an obvious battle tearing through the walls on all sides, but being unable to do anything. If you could, you would pause time, just to give you time to rest and use some kind of magic that could help, even if you couldn't leave your spot. But you were too weak.

The walls were closing in. You were terrified that you'd start weaving in and out of consciousness, like before. You had to be awake to actually stop the walls. But it took much more effort to keep your eyes open then it usually was. Your eyelids just felt too heavy, so you let them droop, giving in to the unrelenting pressure that was your exhaustion.

You didn't wake to the same white ceiling and rock-hard bed that you had the other times. It was more of an abyss. You were staring straight into it, yet you couldn't tell which direction you were facing. You were floating, you knew that much, and you were surrounded by a deep navy. Glittering specks rushed around you, wrapping your ankles and wrists. You couldn't move anyway, a bond of any kind wouldn't effect that. You stayed there for a while, completely lost in the abyss.

You didn't loose consciousness, you merely zoned out from the strange place you were in. You let time pass you by, and let your body rest, even if you weren't sleeping. But soon, a figure appeared amidst the darkness. It was clearly a man, you could tell from the body shape, but you couldn't tell if he was human. You couldn't feel anything, and your magic power seemed to have been nullified. The man, however, did continue to approach you, until he was directly in front of you. You no longer needed to strain your eyes to see him. He was handsome to say the least, pale skin, and onyx eyes that were filled with emptiness. When he touched you, it was as though icicles were crawling up your arm. He didn't seem bothered or affected by the contact.

He didn't move his hand from around his wrist, but you somehow knew that the little specks had dispersed, removing the unnecessary bindings that they had formed. You had no idea who the man was, but he scared you to say the least. Slowly, his dark eyes gained a ring of red, giving him a crazed and inhuman appearance. That, tied with his raven hair and old-fashioned clothes gave him a strange appearance, one that did not match his empty aura. He backed away slightly, just enough so that he could speak without you feeling his breath against your face. His arm finally moved from your wrist, and to your cheek, caressing it. You would've stopped him if you could move.
"We will meet in person, my dear, and I will protect you and my beloved brother from all harm." His face held no emotion as he spoke these soothing words. "For now, you must look after him. You must begin now."
And with that, the man removed his hand, retreating into the navy abyss silently.

You bolted upright. Once again, the sounds of destruction filled your ears. You felt your wrist and face, the places where the man had left his cold itchiness under your skin. You felt your chest as well, where you had been previously stabbed. It had clearly been a few days since then, as it was no longer bleeding and well bandaged. You didn't have time to heal it, so you wrenched the covers off of your tired body and ran outside.

It looked exactly as it sounded. Flames were engulfing those building that hadn't already been completely destroyed. You could sense traces of magic power in the air, people had obviously been fighting something. Then you heard it. The whoosh of powerful wings slicing through the smoke filled air. The deafening roar that translated itself in your mind, into a human battle cry. The pounding footsteps and clack of claws. There were dragons. How? You had no idea. It didn't seem possible that dragons could be here, they had all either died or been killed. But you accepted it nonetheless. If Achnologia exists, why cant other draganoid creatures? But that didn't matter currently, you needed to find your friends.

The city had been evacuated. It was clear as soon as you took the time to look around for a bit. You stuck to ruined back alleys, and the rubble of houses for cover. You didn't want anyone to know that you were out and about just yet. You were amazed at how the small clinic that you had been placed in hadn't been completely destroyed yet, it was a clear target. And everyone else had been evacuated from it, maybe it was just because of the strange form that you were in. People were probably shocked and maybe scared by it, you did resemble a dragon.

You had been wondering for a while, with no sign of any other human life, when you heard it. Well, more like felt it. A blast of ice shot right at you. But strangely, it didn't run into you as you had expected it to do. Instead it made an arc over your head, continuing on its path on the other side of you. You were lucky, your reflexes weren't as sharp as normal due to your injury, and your post-comatose state.
"Y/N!" A familiar voice called, you whipped your head to the side, where you saw a group of mages huddled under an indent to rubble.
"Gray? Is everyone alright?" You called back. He nodded, jogging over to you. But then you felt a rush of air, a miniature dragon knocking a piece of rubble from the make-shift shelter in its rush to attack you. But that piece of rubble had landed right on Gray. Your eyes widened, and you sprinted towards him, but of course it was too late. You felt something snap inside of you, like part of you died with him. It happened a few times. Each time someone you cared about died, you felt a part of you snap. You couldn't take it, the emotional and physical pain of the connection dying. And you lost it.

You screamed. At first at least. Soon it turned into a full out roar, like the one you had practiced with Achnologia. You doubted he would come to help however, as there were people who would recognise him everywhere. All sounds and sights dissolved, until you only heard your own endless roar, and saw only darkness. Everything felt different, almost as though your body had grown, and begun to weigh you down. Your nails lengthened. You knew that if you moved your feet, they would clack against the ground. You felt the weight on your head as well, as though two horns had sprouted from behind your ears, and your nose had been surrounded by whiskers. You'd transformed into a dragon.

You looked like Elementa. You had the same holographic scales, the same vibrant eyes, one yellow and one purple. Your tail was spiked as well, long hooks that could pierce through any skin, no matter how thick it was. The only difference was the mane that you now possessed. It was long and flowing, a wild violet mass of tangles and curls, all the way to the base of your tail, where it then flowed freely off the side of your back. But you were still in pain. It was as though a knife had pierced through you, cutting out several of your vital organs. It looked like that as well, you could fill the wet, hot blood on your stomach and chest. But then something changed.

You felt it, and you saw it. The reverse of time. It was subtle at first, just slight tremors, but it soon became more extreme. Boulders were flying up into the air, only to settle back to where they were a mere minute ago. The rubble trapping Gray fixed itself back into the over-hanging roof, and Gray himself returned to his previous position. Everything moved to where it was a minute ago. Except you. For some reason, you didn't revert back to a human, and you had full control of your body. When time was finally played normally again, Gray stood staring at you, instead of running forward. You no longer felt as though something had been torn out of you, though you were clearly still injured. You didnt mind though, you were relieved that everyone was alright, and had another chance. However, your relief didn't last long, as you felt yourself slipping into unconsciousness. You tried to force yourself to stay conscious and aware, but to no avail. You yet again passed out, leaving everything to your guildmates.