Chapter 4: Fast Forward

• Elvis' POV •

Saturday March 5th, 1965

In Marie's eyes, she's rounder than a basketball. I chuckle as I watch her fascinated as she stares at herself in the mirror. I lie back in the king sized bed in our Bel Air home. She sighs, sitting down next me.

"I'm fat." She mutters rubbing her stomach.

I shake my head, I can argue this all day if she wants. I stare down at her belly, it's like a tiny watermelon, it's far from a basketball.

"It's barely noticeable." I mutter placing my hand on her stomach, I feel a kick and I glance up at her.

With a smug look she gazes down at me.

"I make him listen to you." She exclaims proud.

I chuckle and kiss her stomach. She places her hand over mine.

"Don't brand the poor kid." I mutter smiling up at her.

She shakes her head.

" I want a boy." She exclaims giggling.

I set my head on her lap, she smiles and strokes my hair back. I gaze at her pretty, warm smile. Before her pregnancy she was beaming, and now she's glowing brighter than ever. I kiss her stomach again.

"Little nungen." I mutter as she giggles.

"More like big nungen." She says patting her stomach.

I softly sing, I Can't Help Falling In Love to her and my baby. She smiles wide. As I mess up the ending, she giggles.

" I think you set up a party in here." She says biting her lip and rubbing her little belly.

I sit up and place both my hands on her stomach, concerned. Noticing my worry, she giggles and shakes her head fighting the pain.

"I'm ok, honest." She smiles reassuring me.

I shake my head, no.

"I'll call the Doc." I say getting up from the bed.

She laughs, and stops me, grabbing at my arm.

" I did the same thing with my mother. Let's just hope this kid puts their legs to good use." She exclaims kissing my cheek.

My heart beats fast, I chuckle and caress her cheek. These past months have been amazing. As if our wedding and honeymoon weren't great enough, now there's a life I helped create within her. And he or she's ready to pop out in a matter of weeks. I wrap my arms around Marie and her tiny figure.

"Have you decided where ya wanna do your baby shower, yet?" I ask softly kissing her temple.

She sighs and laughs. She shakes her head and leans her head on my chest.

"It looks like we're stuck here until you finish Harum Scarum, Frankie And Johnny and Paradise, Hawaiian Style." Marie mutters sighing.

I kiss her temple again, I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

"Then, you'll be in Hawaii by August." She mutters blankly.

I sigh, this ain't how I wanna raise a family. As if reading my mind, she gazes up at me, longingly.

"What if I just go back to Memphis?" She quietly questions with hopeless eyes, making my stomach sink.

I shake my head, frantically. She can't, I won't be able to function, I need her with me. I let go of her and place a hand on her stomach. But the baby.

"I don't want you to.." I mutter out without thinking.

She looks down at the floor, " I don't want to either." She confesses placing her hand over mine.