Chapter 8: For Old Time's Sake

Saturday morning, April 16, 1966

• Narrator POV •

After more than a week of finishing Spinout. Elvis just wanted to arrive at Graceland. A chauffeur takes him and the mafia home, Elvis gazes out the window as he pictures his beautiful wife and son. Elvis realizes his son's birthday is only two days away. He also can't believe it'll be a year since having him. As the car comes to halting stop, Elvis shakes his head, snapping back in to reality. Quickly, he gets out of the car and climbs up the steps to Graceland. He breathes in smiling at himself before opening the front door.

He walks in examining the house. Nothing but toys are scattered around the staircase and living room. He chuckles as his ears fill with laughter. His eyes set on the kitchen door frame as he sees his son waddling quickly out of the kitchen with a beaming smile. He giggles out and stretches his arms out to his father. Elvis kneels down chuckling, he scoops his son up in his arms and kisses the top of his jet-black hair. Emilio giggles again, clapping.

"Mamma!" Emilio shouts with a tiny Spanish accent in glee.

Marie twists her long raven hair in a bun as she climbs down the stairs. The wind is knocked out of him as he sets eyes on the love of his life. Elvis' eyes light up as his eyes wander down her stomach. As she takes the last step on the stairs, Marie smiles wide at Elvis. Her eyes show exhaustion but from her sincere, bright smile, she was far from feeling tired. Elvis walks towards her and mashes his lips with Marie's. She giggles as Emilio pushes their heads away. Elvis wags his finger at him, scoldingly.

Emilio innocently kisses Elvis' cheek making him second guess his scolding. Elvis chuckles as he tickles Emilio before letting him down. Marie gazes at them both, fascinated and proud. As Emilio waddles to one of his toys, Elvis yanks Marie's waist closer to him with a smirk. Blushing, Marie caress his cheek and runs a hand through his hair. He kisses her with all the passion he had for her.

His hand creeps down to her tiny, round belly. Ever since she surprised him with their second pregnancy, Elvis ordered her to stay at Graceland. Paranoid after their first pregnancy, he was scared of hurting his unborn child and his love. Sure he missed her, yearned for her warm touch on his cheek, but it was for the best.

Marie pecks his nose, making him snap him back into reality. She cups his cheek, smiling warmly up at his energetic, icy blue eyes. His heart skips a beat as he gazes at her eyes, longingly.

"It's a girl." She whispers kissing his cheek lightly.

Her kiss lingers as Elvis' eyes widen in disbelief. His mind stops. He gazes at Marie's bright, chocolate brown eyes, astonished. She giggles nodding at him. Elvis places his hands on her small tummy.

"A sweet little princess." He murmurs kissing Marie again.

It seems like their heartbeats were in sync. They missed each other, a lot. Seven months was too long for them both. Elvis kept his promise and has yet to have an affair. Marie also kept busy, she taught Emilio to walk, talk and even potty train. Elvis tightens his grip on his love and embraces her tiny figure. She giggles and breathes in his intoxicating scent she missed so much and Elvis did the same.

They pull away as they hear Emilio make a loud noise with his toys. Emilio lets out a hearty laugh as he gazes at his parents. Marie glances at Elvis' shocked face with a sly grin.

"He laughs just the way I do." He says bewildered keeping his eyes on his son.

Marie nods and pats his chest. Elvis' lips curl as he scoops up Emilio once again. He kisses his cheek while Emilio pats Marie's stomach. Marie laughs softly as Elvis gazes at her bright eyes.