Chapter 9 What a Wonderful Life

• Elvis POV •

I let Marie fall asleep in my arms. I gaze at hear beauty as her breathing begins to slow. She still manages to take my breathe away. Everything in my life is so different now, but I'm glad I still have her. I gently kiss the top of her head and take in her sweet, rose scent.

My arms are numb but I couldn't give a damn even if I tried. I listen as our hearts beat in sync. I'm not dead. I'm not gettin' no heart attack. I might even get to live to see what Marie's been griping about all these years. I squeeze my grip on her and kiss her forehead.

Aside from all the comfort, I make myself get up. I carefully sit up and head out the bedroom doors, slipping on a gold, satin robe. I quietly head down the hall and gently open the door to the second apple of my eye, my daughter.

I stroke her soft, black hair and gently kiss the top of her head.

I gaze at how much she's grown. She's a flawless, eleven year old with brains from her mother. I smile at her as she mumbles in her sleep. I chuckle softly to myself realizing she acts more like me than looking like me. With her sweet innocence face and her intelligence, I'll be damn proud when she'll change the world. Suddenly, her bright turquoise eyes flutter open, surprising the shit out of me. I caress her cheek and shush her. She giggles making my heart lighter.

"I can't go to sleep, Daddy." She murmurs gazing at me with her big, owl eyes.

Her southern drawl dances in my ear. I chuckle again and sit on the edge of her bed. I hand her one of her dopey Sesame Street animals and kiss her cheek. She wearily giggles out and hugs the stuffed animal. Her eyes slowly droop, I start remembering of the day I first laid eyes on her. She was a tiny little, angel. I kiss her forehead before I make my way out her room. I shut the door gently making my way toward the second man of the house's room, Emilio.

I twist the golden door knob as quiet as I can when I set eyes on a heavy sleeping Emilio. He's sound asleep. He hugs his pillow, lightly snoring. I shake my head, softly letting out a laugh. This boy's the spit image of me inside and out. He's got mischievous ways that I must have taught him and the intelligent cunning of his mother. It's a funny sight to see my boy whether he's playing with one of our dogs or even his little sister.

He's just a year older than the little princess, but damn, the boy's already a lady killer. I gently pat his head as I gaze around his messy room. I've spoiled both my children to the core and I don't regret a damn thing. I trust Marie in bringing them down from their little high horses. I peck Emilio's head and head out his room. I wearily walk down stairs, with one thing in my mind. I step in to the music room, grabbing my guitar. I fall back on the white sofa and strum my guitar.

My life has been beyond fantastic since having Marie in my life. I tilt my head back on the plushy cushion and smile. The gal has a hold on me, even from the start. I still can't believe I tried using the poor sweetheart. I make myself laugh.

Just then, I see the woman of my dreams walks down the stairs. Her beauty makes everything around her dull and insignificant. She rubs her eyes and smiles at me. She stops at the last step and wraps her orange robe around her tiny waist.

With a smirk, I gaze at her up and down. She giggles making me light up. I get up and ditch my guitar on the sofa. I walk to her. Her tiny body brushes against mine as her arms wrap around my neck. I let out a chuckle as I glance dow at my brown eyed girl. With a smug look on her flawless face she rolls her eyes at me.

"Isn't beating death enough for you? Stop making fun of my wrinkles." She mutters smiling wide.

Dumbfounded, I gasp.

"What the hell you talkin' bout?!" I whisper hoarsely.

I kiss the top of her head and bring her closer to my chest.

"You're aging like fine wine, babycakes. Hell, you don't even look like you're aging." I grumble in her hair.

She tightens her grip on my neck. I wince making her laugh. I look over to her, with a smirk she pecks my lips. I kiss her again, over and over again. I feel like a new and improved man. I rub her back as she leans her head on my chest.

"Remember when I met ya? Damn.. I don't think I'll ever forget that..." I mutter.

She looks up at me, amazed. I nod and kiss her with passion.

"Yeah, I still remember." I assure making her smile small.

I kiss her temple.

"It was the first of the many best days in my life. " I declare making her look up at me with hopeful eyes.

"I love you." She cooed.

I kiss her with all my tired might. With our foreheads touch, I glance at her soft lips.

"I love you more." I reply caressing her cheek.

FYI this story is considered completed. So sorry haha. But if I get an idea or something I just might add to it like this chapter. But still thank you for your reads :)❤️