Chapter 7: Just For Two

Early morning, Saturday April 26, 1965

• Elvis' POV •

After a week of staying in the hospital, today is the morning Marie, Emilio and I go to our Bel Air home. I managed to keep the surprise baby shower a secret, thankfully. Mrs. Investigates didn't mange to find out. As I tie my black shoes, I glance up at her; she adjusts her Mod, magenta YSL dress I bought her a few months ago. She walks to the corner of the room where the mirror is and puts on her makeup. I stand up and fix my sports coat, a dark turquoise color with pants to match and a black button up. I walk to the incubator and take Emilio in my arms, I raise him up to my face and kiss his nose.

"My boy, my boy." I mutter to him as his eyes flutter open.

From the corner of my eye, I see Marie watching me, giggling. I chuckle and gently place Emilio back inside the incubator. I cross my arms and turn to look at Marie. My heart stops as I finally see her happy. With her little make up bag at hand, she walks over to me and wraps her arms with my right arm. I love her, so much, with every will of my body. She's beaming as she kisses my cheek. I gaze at her, longingly into her eyes.

"You look stunning." I whisper making her giggle.

The sound makes me breathe in easier. It's been awhile since I've made her laugh. I kiss the top of her head, making her light up.

"Now you won't be running off with my son after we go outside right?" I whisper wrapping my arms around her tiny waist.

She giggles and places her hands in my hair.

"I can't, there's going to be a lot of press there.... They'll be in the way." She whispers in a flirty tone.

I growl and kiss her neck. She giggles, wrapping her arms around my neck. I groan.

"Better not." I mutter smirking.

"I can never leave you. " She says in a serious tone.

I stare into her eyes. She truly does love me. I kiss her, as passionately as I can. Her hands clench at my hair, both of us smile in the kiss.

"Better." I mutter as she leans her head on my chest.

She scoffs playfully pushing me away.

"You's tied to me forever woman." I say with my deep southern accent.

She lets out a laugh making her way to Emilio. She takes Emilio in her arms and she strokes his hair. She glances up at me with her bright, brown eyes.

"I's can take the train and call my daddy on ya. You's don't know what a shot gun can do!" She exclaims with her weak southern accent and a wide smile on her face.

I howl out, shaking my head. I walk to her and my son, she's beaming as she glances down at Emilio. I kiss the top of her head as I wrap my arms around her from behind. I smile down at Emilio as he yawns and stretches his arms up. I chuckle as Marie kisses his cheek.

"He's already got you wrapped around his finger." I chuckle.

She scoffs.

"Shut up." She whispers kissing him again.

Suddenly, a knock on the door makes both of us stare at the door. A nurse politely smiles at us as she rolls in a wheel chair. My arms drop down from Marie's waist as I examine the wheel chair.

"What's this for?" I ask pointing to the wheel chair.

The nurse glances at it and giggles.

"It's hospital rules, Mr. Presley." She says in a light tone.