25

PAST

PAST

The day was like any other.

I woke up desperately wanting to go to sleep again but mom and dad were having none of that.

Forcing me out of bed, they practically dragged me to the pharmacy where they continued on their lecture about getting 'back into it all'.

Drinking my coffee, I tried to look as if I was listening when really I wasn't and I wanted so desperately to leave.

It was Hannah who came to the rescue- kind of, her bubbly personality only giving mom and dad more of a reason to lecture me.

"See! Look at your sister! You should be smiling and looking like that."

Rolling my eyes, I looked at Hannah, "You high?"

Mom and dad both glared at me, their stern voices coming to use, "Annabelle."

Hannah chuckled as she made her way into the store, "No. But I do need more tapes for my project. Mom, dad?"

Mom nodded, "Just put them in the inventory. Which nobody bothers to look at..."

Seeing she was taking a dab at dad, I smirked at him, dad sighing as he tried to defend himself.

Mom dismissed him though, looking at Hannah again, "When do we get to hear about this project?"

"You don't. It's stupid. Don't even worry."

Mom shook her head, "Nothing you do is stupid."

Seeing Hannah start to get embarrassed, I chuckled as I stood up, "She's right Hannah Montana. Cmon, show us your radiant project."

Hannah rolled her eyes at that, chuckling, "Sure, Anna Banana after you show mom and dad your attendance sheet."

Glaring at her revelation, it was too late for me to try to defend myself, dad already speaking up, "What is she talking about?"

"Nothing! Gotta go. School awaits Hannah and I. Love you. Bye!"

Before either of them could protest, I dragged Hannah out, our short walk to school beginning in silence before she broke that silence with a comforting hand on my arm.

"Sorry for blowing up your spot back there. I'm just worried about you."

"Yeah? Well, I've been worried about you too. You sure you're okay?"