Party Time!

As we drew closer to school, I could feel Nathan getting more and more nervous next to me.  His hand begna tapping his leg distractedly, and he began to make clicking noises with his mouth.  I could tell that it would be a while before he would forgive me, since steam was practically pouring out of his ears.  I decided to pretend that that, not embarassment, was the reason for his flushed cheeks.  I tried not to feel guilty, but his stupid sorrowful expression was making it ever more difficult.  But hadn't he just een unkind to me?  Yet I still found myself wondering if I should drop him off a block or two away from the school.  That thought soon passed as I realized just how embarassing this moment could be for him.  Just for laughs, I decided to make it even more terrible for him.  

I turned the stereo all the way up, and then switched it to the cd that I had just been listening to for laughs.  Seconds later, the song was blaring through the built-in speakers.  "I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world.... made of plastic: it's fantastic!"  I began singing along.  Nathan groaned in realization: he knew how badly I currently wanted to ruin his life.  

The humilliation had been as satisfying as I had hoped it would be.  Everyone began to laugh as they saw him in a pink convertible with his older, absolutely disgusting sister.  The icing on my cake was definitely the Barbie song.  Some people even began to sing along in a mocking voice, taunting Nathan.  I had no reputation to uphold, but clearly, he did.  And though I didn't expect that his reputation would be ruined completely, I knew that this would taint it for sure.  

After the morning's events, homeroom seemed much less entertaining.  Blanche entertained me by sending me notes with hilarious comments on the lesson, teacher, or her favorite, the other students.    Two people in the back were kissing during the lesson, and for some reason, Mrs. Thompson didn't seem to care.  Maybe she was trying to make up for her lack of a romance life by living through others' love lives.  

I almost blew our secrecy when I began laughing multiple different times.  I am probably the worst person in the world when it comes to being quiet or stealthy.  Luckily, Mrs. Thompson (as mentioned before) was surprisingly lax in her class today.  The whole class period I was waiting for her to turn around and begin screaming at us, telling all of us how we are just miserable maggots that all deserve to be stuck to the bottom of her shoe.  So today's silence was a welcome change to say the least.  That day we all filed silently out of class. Maybe she was using reverse phsychology, but if she was, it was definitely working.  

After school, everyone was wondering what was up with Mrs. Thompson.  I assumed that she was just having an off day, and thought nothing else of it.  The day had been completely boring, but I wasn't complaining.  The fact that nothing had happened meant that there had been no furhter incident with Damien.

Friday jumped up on me before I knew it.  My mother found out that I had no plans, so she decided that I "simply had to attend" Damien's stupid little party.  My only hope was that Damien's brother would be there.  Although I hadn't yet told Josh, I could tell that he would find my whole disguise quite amusing.  Of course, I didn't need four hours preparing for this party, as I only had one formal dress and I couldn't wear the makeup that my hands were itching to apply.  

Seven thirty approached and my brother had already left.  He said that he wanted to help Damien prepare for the party, but I knew that he was just trying to avoid the possibility of a repeat of the Barbie Incident.  Once nine o'clock approached, I was ready to leave.  My simple 'frock' was a butterfly pattern, and I had added a shawl of rough wool to uglify it even more.  I hopped in my "hippy van'' that I had recieved from one of my music videos and began driving towards Damien's.  

Finally, I pulled up in front of the Richards' home.  People were dancing on the lawn, swimming in their pool, and million around.  The ground underneath my feet was shaking as I could hear one of my songs blaring through the speakers.  I pushed through couples and groups, trying to find a certain someone.  I finally found Josh holding a red solo cup and talking to a group of girls wearing half the clothing they should be wearing.  I tapped on his shoulder, and when he saw me he physically shuddered and took a step back.

Not waiting for him to ask me what I wanted, I dragged him to the nearest bathroom and locked the door.  I could tell he was freaking out, so I began stripping myself of my "face" as quickly as I could.  Once he saw who I really was, he began laughing really, really hard.  I didn't find it that funny, but he just couldn't stop.  After five minutes, he took a deep breath.  I assumed that he was trying to collect himself, but instead he fell onto the floor and began laughing harder.  Someone knocked on the door so I quickly reapplied my wig and other accessories.  I helped Josh off of the floor and unlocked the door.  Rather than letting go of the fool on my arm, I dragged him into a random room.  Luckily I found it devoid of disgusting couples, so I shoved him down onto a chair and flicked on the lights.  After several more minutes, Josh finally seemed to have finished laughing.

"Lily.... are you freaking kidding me?" here Josh began laughing again.  "What could've possibly made you.. why are.... you're so ugly!"  He laughed.  I saw sure he must've had a six pack by now from all of his laughing.  

For the rest of the night we just caught up on what was happening.  We went on a walk around the neighborhood.  Right when he had put his jacket around me, paparazzi exploded out of every bush, screaming his name and taking countless pictures that would no doubt be on the new by tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's an update!  I just spent my Friday night typing this all up, so hope ya enjoy!  Sorry I haven't been uploading a lot, high school is crazy.  Does anybody here understand Geometry?  Because I most definitely do not.  Thanks for all of the positive feedback on this story, and feel free to give more!  :)

~Hannah