First Day of School. Yay?!

Chapter 2: First Day of School.  Yay?!

As I exited Nathan's car, I already heard rumors swirling around me about who would soon be dating Nathan, and all of the girls looked ready to fight over him if worst came to worst.  Nathan always had been a favorite with the ladies, and now was no exception.

It took every piece of my mental stability(which trust me, was rather small) not to burst out in laughter.  The conversation had now changed as to whether or not Nathan was already dating.  After a while, all of the girls came to a concensus that Hillary Grace Anderson would break up with her current boyfriend and begin dating Nathan.  

While all of the girls crowded around Nathan, I snuck into the reception office without being noticed by people.  The last thing that I was able to see of Nathan was him being greeted by a group of cocky boys that I could only stereotype as the jocks of the school.  Of course Nate would decide to 'hang with the populars.'  After all, he was very athletic and enjoyed making fun of people.  At the desk, a woman whose name tag read Brinna greeted me.

Brianna looked like a recent college graduate, and she acted the part too, as she was currently popping her gum and texting someone while trying to look like she was accomplishing work whenever the principle looked over from her office.  Her blue eyes were accentuated by her black low-cut top that clung to her body, but besides making her eyes prettier, the outfit, completed by a short grey plaid miniskirt, made her look immodest and bratty.

I hesitantly tapped on the bell that was placed on her desk.  She looked up, and a scowl settled on her face, showing off a very unappealing wrinkle in her forehead.  Her eyes rolled in annoyance when she realized that it was just another teenager, and that this one was not even slightly attractive, either.

"What do you want?"  she asked, popping her gum angrily.  

This woman was making me more and more agitated, and I knew that if she did not get an attitude adjustment soon, I would blow my top.  I was used to people respecting me, or at least treating me civilly, so when I did not recieve respect, I did not appreciate it.  

The last time that somebody had disrespected me this much, fists had flown, and let me tell you this-I was not on the recieving end of those fists.  Now I'm not a brat, as you are probably thinking right now from my life.  Even though I may sound sassy, I'm much more down-to-earth than other stars that I have met or even some teenagers.  Especially my brother, who just thinks that he is the hottest person alive.

"First of all, you have no right to be treating me so rudely, and second, my name is Lily Stephans, a new student here.  So please just cut to the chase and hand over my schedule and books."  Maybe I had gone over the lines a little with that speech, but I was very straightforward, and she should appreciate that, and the fact that I had not smacked that smirk off of her face ten minutes ago.  

Instead of appreciation, however, her face looked shocked as she opened and closed her mouth, not knowing what to say.  Once she really realized what I said, steam began pouring out her ears, and I couldn't help but feel satisfied that I had stirred up her dark side, even though I knew I was in trouble.

"Listen here, you ugly hag.  I am your superior, and you have no right to talk to me like that.  Take it back, or you will definitely regret it you little brat!"  She screamed, eyes squinted in rage as steam continued to pour out of her ears.

Well, I was definitely not going to apologize, but I knew when to retreat from fights before things get too ugly, so I decided to be the mature one and end the fight.  Afterall, I knew that I would lose whether or not I truly won.  

I decided to give in, but I still refused to apologize.  I just clenched my teeth together and asked for my schedule once again in as calm of a tone as possible as I flexed and unflexed my fist to refrain from hauling off and punching her in the nose.  With relationships I was either really passive or surprisingly agressive.  In this case, i think I was probably too aggressive, but I could not help myself, I was naturally like this.  

'Brianna' handed over my schedule slowly, looking kind of afraid of me.  I understood her caution, because one minute I was right about to kill her and scream, and then suddenly I was calmer and quiet.  I was unpredictable like that, almost like a lion getting calm before jumping on its unassuming prey.

Once I snatched the thin paper out of her hands, however, she returned to her old haughty self.  She smirked at me, knowing that this round went to her.  But she didn't know that this round was also not the last that we would fight.  I could sense that this was not over, and especially since she seemed to know something that I did not.

Instead of admitting defeat, I covered it up with a sickeningly sweet smile and turned on my heel, letting her see clearly that this fight was not over by a longshot.  

I glanced at my schedule as I walked towards the direction which all of the classrooms laid.  As I fingered the thin sheet, another piece of paper floated to the ground.

On the piece of paper, my name was written under bold letters which read "Detention Slip."  Oh, was Brianna going to get it when we next encountered each other.  

I scanned the rest of the slip.  Apparently I was assigned a detention for this Tuesday and Thursday from 3:15 when school ended to 6:15.  The reason stated was 'disrespect towards superiors,' and detention was going to be held in Mrs. Thompson's room, which was conveniently my homeroom.  I decided to put this behind me and worry about it later.  

My eyes scanned the room numbers until they finally settled on the Algebra II room.  Unlike ninety percent of the teenage race, I was slightly above mediocre when it came to Algebra, and I was looking forward to having this be my homeroom.  

Taking a deep breath, I shoved open the classroom door and found that the room was completely empty except for the spinster of a teacher sitting quietly at the front and rows of desks that were lined up neatly along the middle of the room.