Run-In With the King

Rosemarie--Blanche--smirked after a while, realizing that I had no intention of either running away or challenging her; she could already tell that I was weak.  And a wimp I was, because this horrible new costume seemed to be sucking the courage out of me and making me timid.  Normally, to tell the truth, I was rude and I guess kinda spoiled, but with this costume I felt like a different person.  Now I was a coward and smart-ish.  I had never been known as smart; I was always considered the one that sang like the angels in heaven, and who needs brains when she has that?

"So.... new girl, eh?"  Blanche questioned, obviously trying(in vain) to make small talk.  I answered with silence, wondering whether or not she meant for me to actually answer her question.  She slid into the seat next to me, eyeing me critically.  

"You don't talk much, do you, new girl?" She finally asked.  This was so far from the truth that I couldn't help but allow myself a small giggle before returning to my mock-serious state.

"No, I most definitely do, just now here."  I replied in the quietest voice so that no one besides her could hear.

She looked about to reply when the teacher called for our attention.  "Sit down, sit down.  Okay, settle down and pull out your algebra book and get ready to think and concentrate."

A collective groan filled the classroom as everyone shuffled around to find an empty desk and then pull out the book.  I groped around in my desk, my gaze not leaving Blanche.  There was something odd about her, and I'm not talking about her eccentric appearance.  

In fact, this whole school was just plain odd.  That jock, Damien Richards according to Blanche. his brother is famous as well, although Damien himself is considered the 'looks' of the family.  Well, he definitely did have some looks, that I had to admit.  But still, you could tell that he was very full of himself, that was obvious.  Actually, I had met Josh, his brother, on some random red carpet event, and he truly was sweet.  I could tell that the same certainly did not apply to his brother, who seemed to have the cocky air that you would expect his down to earth sibling to have, since one was famous and the other surprisingly not.

Pushing the boy to the very back of my quite clouded mind, I found that I had been staring at Damien all this time, and just when I was about to look away, his eyes glanced up from the paper he had been scribbling away on.  Instantly, a smirk appeared on his chisel-cut face.  Passing a note after scribbling viciously once more, he gave himself the satisfaction of one more smirk in my direction before turning his attention back to the droning lecture of our teacher.  Her talks easily faded into the background as I wondered what the note contained.

Finally the note reached me, and I picked it up between my two fingers fragilly as if it could contain a bomb planted inside.  Opening it gingerly, I saw that it said, "Like what you see, ugly nerd?  Get lost, loser.                                                                                                                                                             ~Damien 'Your Worst Nightmare' Richards"

Annoyed, I crumpled the note, rolling my eyes.  I tried my best not to jump up and scream at the arrogant jerk.  I clenched my teeth and turned my attention back to the front of the room.  I had learned the lesson last year from my tutor, so I just relaxed a bit and leaned back in my chair.

Finally our hour ended, and I could move on to something that I couldn't recite in my sleep quite as well.  My next class was Writing Creative Selections, so I jumped over to my locker, looking like a retarded unicorn.  I soon reached my locker after being stopped b more than one frightened teach and/or couselors.  After recieving several odd looks and a kind invitation to join Miss Lesly for a 'couseling party', I finally reached my locker.  Grabbing my textbook for the class, paper, and a Disney Fairies pencil-freshly sharpened-I slammed the locker.  Next to it I found a particularly evil-looking Damien leaning against his locker which just happened to--oh poop on a stick.  His locker sat right actoss from mine.  It seemed the whole world hated me today, and just to prove my point, rain began falling down the window across from my locker.