Winter - Part 5

Harry's POV

We laid in bed silently after we finished.  I was surprised, she was the best that I'd had this week so far.

"Can I get you anything?" I asked her as I got up and put back on my boxers.

"How about another round?" She asked slyly.

I rolled my eyes. "I meant a drink. I'm afraid that's all I can offer you, love."

"Fine." She sighed, running her hand through her disheveled hair and then wrapping my blanket around her naked body.

I quickly made my way downstairs and headed towards my wine cabinet. Opening another bottle, I filled up two glasses. It wasn't long before I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. The woman was now dressed, I was glad she got the picture. I hated having to tell women to get dressed. Many women wanted to cuddle or spend the night, and it pained me to have to tell them leave.

I handed her the glass. "Your cab should be here in a few minutes."

"Sounds fine. I hope we can see each other again soon." She bit her lip seductively.

"Me too." I smiled, taking a sip from my glass. But once we heard the honk from the cab, I escorted her out with no intention of seeing her again.

I quickly opened my drawer of numbers and rummaged through the names, ready to schedule someone for tomorrow night. "Eberly..." I grinned once I stopped at her name. I was dialing her number instantly.

"Hello, Eberly. It's Harry from the party last week. How about we have some dinner at my house tomorrow night? Alright, see you then."

That was all it took. My friends were always confused on how I was able to get a girl every night. But by this time in my life, I had it down to a science. It doesn't take long for things to become a habit. I knew it wasn't a good habit, but at least it took away the sting for a few moments. I retired back into my bedroom, to change my sheets. My phone rang once I finished.

"Hello?" I sighed.

"Harry, how are you?"

"Gemma, it's 4 o'clock."

"I know, I'm sorry. I just got Richard down now." Richard was her 5 month old son. "I knew you'd be awake, so I decided to call you and remind you about Emily's recital. You said you would come."

I massaged my temples. "Right. What day is that again?"

"Harry! It's tomorrow at 12. I've already told Emily that her uncle would be there with flowers for her. Don't be late, do you hear me?" Her "big sister voice" was starting to surface.

"Of course I'll be there, Gem. No worries!"

"Good. One more thing, have you spoken to him yet?"

My teeth gritted at her words. "No, I haven't. I don't plan to either."

"Harry, this is not the time to be stubborn... he's dying."

My heart dropped at the last of her words, but my pride wouldn't allow me to soften. "That doesn't change what he did to us, Gemma."