Chapter 4

Months later and they found themselves closer than ever, more than seemed possible for two men who had never truly met. It was like a crush that grew every day, Sherlock had never felt love before and it's side effects. He'd never had admirers and he'd never admired anyone either.

Sherlock was on a case and he was running after a criminal.

"Hey Sherlock, where you going?" John asked suddenly, bringing a smile to Sherlocks face.

"Criminal, he killed his own sister because of some petty fight, I deduced it and then he ran and that's why I'm chasing him now" Sherlock explained, struggling for breath slightly as he clambered over a fence.

"Mind that pothole sherl!" John said and Sherlock quickly dodged it, having not seen it himself.

"Your a fast runner" John commented.

"It's one of the bonuses to being tall" Sherlock said with a laugh.

It was at that moment the killer appeared round the corner and held a gun up to Sherlock, John felt his heart in his throats as his man pulled the trigger and then excruciating pain through his side just above his waist.

Sherlock looked down and John saw too but luckily it was jut a flesh wound.

The killer ran off again and Sherlock pulled out a revolver from his pocket, shooting at the mans shin and taking him out completely his gun flying out towards Sherlock so he couldn't reach it. Sherlock phoned lestrade and then hung up, holding to the wound at his side.

He has enough adrenaline that the wound hadn't yet caused to much pain so he could still stand and cope with it a bit longer until pain settled in.

"Sherlock how bad is it?" John asked.

"Um not too bad, I think I might head home and sort it out there" Sherlock decided, dragging himself away once lestrade had arrived and the police cars.

He managed to make it home in good time and John watched him worriedly as he dragged himself to the bathroom and collapsed onto the bath.

"Okay Sherlock, take off your shirt, you need to see how bad it is, do you have a first aid kit?" John asked and Sherlock merely nodded, clutching at his side as he shuffled through varying cupboards, digging around until he found the small green first aid kit.

"Okay now you need to find some antiseptic and clean the wound. Take your shirt off remember other wise I can't see." John instructed, Sherlock blushed slightly and then began to undo his shirt buttons with trembling fingers, revealing the lake alabaster skin underneath.

Once he undid it he slipped it off and began to clean the wound with antiseptic causing him to hiss in pain. Once it was clean John spoke again, "okay now get some gauze, you need to apply pressure to the wound, make sure it's clean"

Sherlock followed his instructions and took a handful of gauze, folding it with his shaky hands and pressed it to the wound, groaning in pain and John felt it too.

"Okay, take some more, wrap it around your whole body to hold it in place and tie it down, then get some pain killers and antibiotics okay?" John assured, watching as Sherlock wrapped it messily and then sieved through the cupboard until he found some antibiotics and ibuprofen and popped them out of the packet and took them without water.

"Go sit down Sherlock, you need rest, okay, I'll check up on you during the night" John promised, holding at his own side in the same place Sherlock was shot.

"Thank you John" Sherlock whispered, lying down on his bed and staring up at the ceiling.

"That's okay" John whispered back, running a hand through his hair.

Sherlock gasped quietly, and reached up, stroking a hand through his curls.

"I can feel you" Sherlock muttered.

"Go sleep Sherl" John whispered affectionately, gently rubbing his own shoulder knowing Sherlock could feel it too. Sherlock sighed and fell asleep in his bed and John fell asleep not long after.