Chapter 5

After two years of them first speaking John managed to get a small flat in central London, he loved the liveliness of it all, the people rushing around and going about their daily lives, the London air. It was brilliant.

"Happy birthday Sherlock!" John said, closing his eyes and focusing so he could see what Sherlock saw.

"How did you--" Sherlock began but stopped, knowing he must have told John once already. John just chuckled and stroked a hand through his own hair and tugging making Sherlock gasp.

"Why have we never met?" John asked suddenly.

Sherlock thought for a moment, maybe it was part of the fact that he still didn't trust John to be 100% real, just some crazy figment from a lonely mind.

"I don't know" Sherlock lied.

"I'm living in central London now, where do you live?" John asked as he opened his eyes and began heading home, climbing the stairs up to his flat and then opening the wooden door and closing it behind him.

"East London, I never knew you were so close" Sherlock sighed.

"I never knew either" John said in awe, going to stand in front of the mirror.

"I live on Baker Street, come visit me sometime, when can you?" John asked softly, knowing Sherlock was looking at him through his eyes.

Sherlock was open mouthed and couldn't quite believe the idea of meeting the man he'd grown to love, John was a soldier and they were connected with some sort of telepathic line and only they knew about it.

"Well I can probably come tomorrow, I have nothing on then, I could come now but I want to get prepared" Sherlock whispered hurriedly.

"Tomorrow is good, I can't wait to see you!" John said excitedly.

Sherlock straightened his suit and adjusted his collar nervously. "Me neither John"

***

The next day Sherlock found himself staring in the mirror, looking doubtfully at his reflection, he was wearing a black blazer over a blue striped shirt and a pair of jeans, in an attempt to look more casual, he had pulled on some navy converse for comfort and pulled roughly at his hair.

"You look gorgeous, Handsome. Now come over, I can pay for the cab if you want" John offered, Sherlock blushed and shook his head, his curls bouncing around his face as he turned down John's offer.

"I'm okay for money John" Sherlock insisted.

"Pack some clothes, I don't think I can only bare to have you for one day" John said softly, Sherlock blushed again, "I like making you blush" John giggled as Sherlock grabbed his phone and wallet, making his way quickly to his bedroom and packing a small suitcase with a couple shirts and trousers and shoes.

Once Sherlock was done he rushed out of the flat and hailed a cab easily, lifting his suitcase into the cab with him and giving the driver directions.

Sherlock then closed his eyes and pretended to hold his phone to his ear, so the cabbie didn't think he was crazy, whilst he continued to laugh and talk with John.

Sherlock's cab finally pulled to a stop and when Sherlock opened his eyes, he was pulled up outside speedy's diner which appeared to be some sort of sandwich bar. He lifted his suitcase out and paid the cabbie whilst he climbed out of the cab.

John was standing on the bottom step just outside the building, a smile on his face as he steadily approached Sherlock. The detective looked up in shock.

"Is that really you John, your actually real?" Sherlock asked in disbelief.

"Of course I'm real, although I could say the same for you if we were really gonna go down that route." John teased, he stood right up to Sherlock before pulling him into a tight hug and breathing in his scent, Sherlock smelt like rain, along with the mix of sweet nicotine and mint.

Sherlock did the same to John, resting his head against the top of John's and smelling the sweet smell of almond and jam and sugary pastry.

"This is amazing!" They both breathed at the same time sending them giggling against each other.

"Come on, inside" John said gently, taking Sherlocks suitcase from his hands and letting him through the door before following himself.

They got into the flat, it was quite large and had two bedrooms as well as its own kitchen, bathroom and living room, perfect. But not for one man by himself. Definitely better with two.

"Take the bedroom over there" John offered, pointing to the door on the end of the hallway next to the bathroom.

John made them both coffee, knowing from watching Sherlock regularly exactly how Sherlock took his coffee and adding two spoonfuls of sugar and stirring into the steaming black liquid.

"Here you go, Gorgeous" John joked, nudging Sherlock with his elbow to get his attention as he passed the coffee cup to the taller man. Sherlock was blushing lightly, he'd had these comments before but they only meant something when the person saying it meant something.

"It's nice here" Sherlock commented, taking an experimental sip from his coffee and smiling with a sigh.

"My thoughts precisely, even got a second bedroom for my favorite person" John said happily, wrapping his arm around Sherlocks middle, hugging him close. "Did you bring pajamas?" John asked thoughtfully.

"Yup" Sherlock said with a small laugh.

"Okay so I've been meaning to ask your opinion, I've got a date later and I want your opinion on what I'm wearing" John said gesturing to his clothes which consisted of black converse, blue jeans and a red plaid shirt.

Sherlock studied him from his shoes to the tips of his hair before smiling sadly, wishing he was John's date, "you look great, she's a lucky girl" Sherlock said with a small sigh, smiling obviously forced at John.

"Good, one more question Sherlock?" John asked, a glint in his eyes as he made eye contact with Sherlock.

"Will you go on a date with me?"