Chapter 9

John grew accustomed to Sherlock company and decided to pluck up the courage to get him to stay.

"Sherlock--" John broke off unable to ask, Sherlock cupped his cheek gently, smiling softly at him and then their thoughts began to flow like a completed circuit.

Do you want to live here? John thought, Sherlock smiled and nodded.

Yes, id love that, almost as much as I love you Sherlock replied, slowly leaning forward and pressing his Cupid bow lips to John's thin ones. John smiled into the kiss before pulling back, a look of adoration on his face.

"I love you too" John whispered, stroking his thumb from Sherlocks brow to his hairline. He then looked at his watch and saw that he had work in 45 minutes so he gently pulled away from Sherlock, placing a kiss on his cheek. "I have to get ready for work love, I'll see you later okay?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna go look for any new cases, Scotland Yard needs me after all" Sherlock pointed out with a sigh before they went to their rooms and began to get ready for the day.

When John came back out, Sherlock handed him a coffee as he slowly sipped from his own. John scanned Sherlocks outfit to see he was wearing the purple shirt he loves so much, black slacks, with a snug fitted blazer, his top two buttons undone on his shirt.

"Thankyou Sherlock, okay I'll see you later, love" John called as he placed a lingering kiss to the detectives lips and placed his cup in the sink, Sherlock following and going to the banister when John opened the door so he could shrug on his coat.

John lifted Sherlocks scarf off the banister and looped it around his neck, tying it how he ties his own scarf, Sherlock smiled softly at him and they went downstairs and out of the flat onto the the street, waving each other goodbye as they got into separate cabs.

Sherlock got the cabbie to take him to New Scotland Yard and swept out as soon as the cab pulled over, throwing money at the cabbie as he rushed off up the steps into the building. He made it to Lestrade's office in good time to catch the man himself pouring over a new case.

"Ah Sherlock, perfect, I was just going to call you, woman dead, no signs of abuse or injury but found dead last night in a back alley." Lestrade explained to a very eager Sherlock. "I'd say it's an eight at least."

"Where?" Sherlock demanded, ducking under the police tape and following lestrade into the building.

Later on in the evening Sherlock was racing after a murderer who had killed the woman but had also killed several others since and with lestrade on his tail he was gaining up on the man until he brought out a knife from his pocket and turned on Sherlock slashing at his arm and then his side so that Sherlock doubles over in agony before hitting the knife out of his hands and tackling him to the floor.

"Sherlock you okay!" Lestrade called as Sherlock pulled himself back to a standing position once the murderer was cuffed by the police.

"Yeah, fine"

"Do you not need some medical attention?" Lestrade asked concerned.

"I have a doctor back home, I will be fine" Sherlock assured, going to the curb to hail a cab. He then pulled out his phone to message John.

Where is your surgery?-SH

Why?-JW

You may have a visitor in short time-SH

"Sherlock what happened?" John asked and Sherlock heard the voice clearly, so pulled his phone up to his ear so the cabbie didn't think he was crazy.

"Me and crime breakers aren't exactly simpatico to be fair, might have something to do with it" Sherlock said with a weak chuckle, wincing slightly as the adrenaline began to wear off.

John quickly told him the surgery he was at and so Sherlock told the cabbie and he was there in short time.

The building was squat and painted with a sort of washed out white affect that was slowly going brown where the building had water run off then leave to stain. Sherlock climbed out the cab and went to the reception.