Chapter 11

AN: okay so I just reread my latest chapter of this and like I forgot what I was writing to be fair so now it's kinda like, where do I go from here... ah well see where the east wind takes us..

They eventually got home, Sherlock still huddled in his coat and his arm latched together with John's, they made it up the stairs giggling and eventually collapsing onto the sofa on a huddled heap of wooly jumpers and long coats.

"You know that I can't always be there don't you?" John asked seriously once he'd arranged his limbs more appropriately on the sofa.

"Maybe you should join me then" Sherlock offered simply. John just smiled, shaking his head.

"I need to work, how else will I pay the rent?" John asked with a small laugh.

"I have plenty of money and also sometimes cases give money depending on what type, we'll be fine" Sherlock insisted.

"Of course we will" John said with an amused sigh, leaning over and kissing the corner of Sherlocks mouth, get an unexpected giggle from the detective.

"Where were we again?" John asked against his lips thoughtfully, sliding his hand between the buttons of Sherlocks coat and fingertips brushing the delicate alabaster skin and earning a small shiver, "Ah yes, now I remember."

John kissed Sherlock properly this time, his mouth slotting against the brunettes, Sherlock lifting his hand to scrunch a handful of John's short hair, letting it spike between his fingers. The detective gasped loudly when the doctor gently traced his tongue across the seam of his lips.

"J-John!" Sherlock whimpered as John gently sucked on his bottom lip, pinning him down to the sofa.

"Easy love, I've got you" John mumbled against his lips, stroking his other hand over Sherlocks cheek, thumb grazing his cheekbone comfortingly.

"John--" Sherlock breathed out, his warm breath ghosting over John's lips and face.

John slowly undid the buttons one handedly on his coat, letting it fall open and drape across the taller man. The garment remained hanging off his shoulders loosely as John began pressing gentle kisses to the long pale column of his throat, down his collarbone, leaving goosebumps in their wake.

"Brilliant. Gorgeous. My perfect boy" John continued whispering his praise against the smooth planes of Sherlocks skin, trembling beneath him, responsive to each touch and breath.
"I love you Sherlock"

"John?" Sherlock asked quizzically, doubt in his eyes.

John lifted Sherlocks hand to his cheek and then kissed the knuckles before rubbing the pad of his thumb over them again.

"Love you like I've never loved before, believe me, I love you, my gorgeous gorgeous boy" Sherlocks eyes because glassy and soft at the pet name, melting further into John's delicate touch.

"John" Sherlock repeated again, but John understood, the one word, said I so many ways, this time a confirmation, a declaration of his love, he felt the same way as John did. He felt Sherlocks thoughts pulse through wherever they touched, his name praised over and over like a prayer.

This continued for a while afterwards until John found himself in the room down the hallway, a soft and pliant detective in his arms, his leg hooked over the taller mans like a human cage, protecting him from the world.

John very gently pressed kisses to the nape of Sherlocks neck, unwilling to wake him, whispered endearments and 'I love yous" pressed into his skin, being absorbed with each breath like water to a sponge.