Chapter 7

They got into the cab, John pulling Sherlock as close as humanly possible, and holding round the detectives waist.
Sherlock rested his head on John's shoulder, enclosed in the safety blanket that was John Watson.

They thought in silence, their thoughts not sharing unless they were skin against skin. It was a strange thing to be able to read how others thoughts so clearly but only when they were intimate.

Sherlock pressed his face to John's neck and John held Sherlocks hand in his own, and then the thoughts began to share freely.

Where we going? Sherlock thought.

Surprise! John said, letting out a small giggle.

Hmm, full of surprises aren't you? Sherlock teased, getting a gentle slap to his arm.

Shut up Sherl! John replied, gently resting his hand on Sherlocks thigh and squeezing it gently getting a small yelp out of the detective and an odd look from the cabbie, leaving Sherlock blushing deeply and John chuckling.

"We've arrived!" The cabbie announced through the small window and John paid and climbed out, lifting Sherlock out with him.

"Your so embarrassing" Sherlock said exasperated, still blushing a light pink.

"Am I?"

John stepped up close to him, sliding his hand down to rest on Sherlocks hip and pulling him closer, gently curling his fingers round the hem of Sherlocks shirt and pulling it up slightly before sliding his hands underneath, brushing the waistband on his jeans. Sherlock gasped loudly and John silenced him by kissing him softly before sliding his hands away and taking Sherlocks hand, leading him into the restaurant named Angelos.

Sherlock was blushing, but it disappeared as the embarrassment was replaced with awe and surprise, his eyes lighting up at the small restaurant with cozy chairs and glowing candles, it was perfect.

"Any good?" John asked, looking up for Sherlocks approval as they were seated at a table, John pulling out Sherlocks chair and pushing back in again as Sherlock sat, before he even sat himself.

"It's amazing, I love it" Sherlock said with a small smile as his eyes locked with John's.

"You know, I'd never seen your eyes before today, you can't see them from the mirror and you can't see them when your looking at other things, I can see then now" John said quietly, eyes still lost in Sherlocks vast galaxies. "They're beautiful" John sighed.

"Why are you always complimenting me?" Sherlock asked doubtfully.

"Because when ever I realize something it's always perfect" John defended.

They ordered food and ate slowly, Sherlock chose to actually eat for John, he didn't want to disappoint him with one of his weird dispositions, he thought it was good to survive without food for days but he knew John -along with his doctor instinct- wouldn't approve.

Once they were finished and had shared a bottle of wine, John took Sherlocks hand as they made there way out of the restaurant, seeking warmth in the bitter night air.

"Your cold" John pointed out.

"I'm fine" Sherlock muttered, giving an involuntary shiver.

"Come here" John said softly, wrapping his arm around the taller man and holding him close. Sherlock leaned into the shorter man feeling tired and weak.

John hailed a cab and pulled Sherlock into the cab with him, letting Sherlock rest on his side. John smiled at the gentle man next to him as they ride home and then helped Sherlock out of the cab and up the steps to the flat. He heaved Sherlocks tired frame through the door and up the stairs, managing to sweep Sherlock into his arms once they got into the flat and then carrying him to the assigned bedroom. He pushed the door open with the heel of his foot and laid Sherlock down gently onto the bed, gently pressing a kiss to his head as he pulled the covers up to his chin after removing his shoes.

Goodnight love John thought quietly as Sherlock slept, pressing his face into the pillow and making John smile softly.

John slowly backed out the room and left to go to bed. Today had gone well and was perfect for either men and they knew there was plenty more to come.