He Won't Mind

So many stories. So many adventures Id missed out on. I sat back in my chair, listening to Ezekiel's stories about what had happened the past months, getting more and more homesick. Not homesick for Camelot, just homesick for a quest.

Most of my life had been spent on quests, on adventures. And as I heard of all the adventures the librarians had shared, I steadily became more in-need of an adventure than I had for the past 900 years or so. Hearing about what had happened to Galahad was also making me sad. He had gone through so much, and from guiding the new librarians, he seemed to finally be ready for friends again.

I wondered whether he was stressing about me. But then Ezekiel held my hand, looking deeply into my eyes. "Sorry, you looked lost. You alright?" He asked, looking genuinely concerned.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just, just weird seeing Galahad so old," I said.
"Yeah, Jenkins has really changed. When we first met him, he would've given his right arm to get us to leave. Now, it's like he's part of the team. Don't even get me started on him and Cassandra." He said, giving me a charming smile.

"Him and Cassandra? What do you mean?" I asked, the pit of my stomach churning.
"I don't know. It's like he's the grandad she never had you know? But enough about us. What've you been up to since you and Jenkins broke up?" He asked.

"What? No, Galahad as I were never together. I don't understand-,"

"Oh, sorry, just the way he looked at you," Ezekiel said, suddenly nervous, as if he'd forgotten himself, "so you two were never a couple? That's, that's great actually," he stumbled.

"Great? How so?" I asked, leaning towards him, trying to remember how to look cute. It made him smile, his hand getting clammy as it gripped mine tighter. "Well, it means he won't mind if I kiss you then?" He asked, trying, I think, to make it sound smooth.

"I don't think I'd mind if you did," I said, watching him look up, his face now flushed red, taken aback slightly at my remark. I smiled, pulling him closer.