Author's Note: Librarians Sequel!

Hey everyone! If you didn't know already this fic now has a sequel called Double Agents!

Here is the first chapter for you all to read if you're interested!

Chapter 1 Hiss Hiss

"Ezekiel I need your help to reach the-," Cassandra trailed off as she realised he wasn't in the room. She frowned, before getting out a small red notebook. 'Disappeared somewhere between 6 and 7 pm', she wrote in the book, looking at a clock on the table in the annex. Cassandra gave a small sigh before Stone walked in the room, his nose deep in a book.

"Come on Jones, stop whining, it's only a little reading," Stone said, taking a moment before looking up. He jumped when he noticed it was Cassandra, smiling nervously. "Sorry Cassie, I though you were Ezekiel. He usually sighs when he sees me reading," the cowboy said, his face blushing only slightly so Cassandra didn't notice.

"Yeah," Cassandra said, closing her tiny notebook and looking at Stone questioningly, "Where is Ezekiel anyway?" She asked. Stone frowned at her before shrugging his shoulders. He was already half way into his book when he said, "Maybe he's off stealing something, you know what he's like."

Cassandra forcibly shrugged, a little irritated, but excusing his absence for a while. "Whatcha readin'?" she asked, looking over at Stone's book, trying to figure out what it was saying. Stone looked up slightly before smiling. He settled the book on the table so that she could see too, beginning to explain what he'd been reading. "I was just looking through the history book on the Serpent Brotherhood, I mean, after Du Lac cut the Loom of Fate we haven't really heard from them you know? I mean, one bad plan can't crumble an ancient organisation right? And seeing as there's been loads of evil magic floating around lately, you'd think they'd be up to their neck in it." He asked, watching Cassandra frown cutely.

Cassandra tried reading the book, but it seemed to be in a very weird language. It wasn't Latin, but it seemed to be as old as Latin, going by the state of the book. She wondered again whether there was any language Stone couldn't read, feeling jealous at how easily languages came to him. "What language is this?" she asked, knowing it would get him excited because he got to talk about culture and art and history. Just as she predicted, he jumped excitedly, smiling and waving his hands as he spoke.

"That's the cool thing!" He said, smiling at her, "it's after Latin, yet it's not a language that derives from it, even though this book was written in England at the time of the Roman Empire! It's like there was a secret division, and they had their own language so that no one could tell what they were saying!" he said, making jerking movements as he got more excited.

"Though, when I compared it to, get this, the 'snake' language in Rowling's novels, it fits perfectly! It's like the Serpent Brotherhood weren't just named for their two-facedness, but because of their secret language too! They're called Serpents because that's how they communicated! Isn't that so cool!" He said, jumping away from the table before coming back to the book, calming down just a little.

"Wow," Cassandra said, before she realised something, "wait, Rowling, do you mean that J. K. Rowling used an actual language as the basis of Parseltongue!" she asked excitedly, her fan-girl showing clearly. Stone practically pounced on her he was so excitedly, "Darn right! The woman is a genius!" he said, he and Cassandra fangirling together.