Don't Go Mordred

"SHE. IS. NOT. AN. ARTEFACT!!!"

"Then stop TREATING HER LIKE ONE!" Ezekiel bellowed back, giving a short whimper before continuing, knowing that we were all staring at him now. I clasped my hand over my mouth, my breath taken away as they yelled at each other. I was so scared, because I knew that I'd forced them to tear each other apart. Ezekiel began again, this time gentler, as if he knew I was shaking and didn't want to scare me again.

"You're acting as if I forced Mordred to be with me. When I was a perfect gentleman, I even asked before I kissed her! She was the one who chose me. She always thought about you when you two were young, she waited for you, but you never came. When we were in Paris, she finally did something for herself, she kissed me. So don't think for one second that I have the right, nor the responsibility to give her back to you. She chose me, so I can't leave her unless she says otherwise." He finished, his accent softening as he concluded, each time he said 'I' his voice cracked slightly and I watched as his eyes welled up. Galahad and Ezekiel were at a standstill, their eyes locked in a terrible stare that made me shake. Ezekiel words had gone straight to my heart, but now I was terrified.

I watched as Galahad slowly took a step back in shock, giving Ezekiel enough room to shift away from him. I stepped forward quickly, embracing him in a hug. I buried my head between his neck and shoulder, feeling all his warmth as his arms folded around me, holding me tight. I heard a shuffled footstep and I opened my eyes, loosening my grip on Ezekiel's neck only slightly. Galahad had taken a step towards us, and now he saw my eyes open he began to speak.

"But," he started, clearly embarrassed, "but I did all this for you," he said, gesturing to himself, "so you wouldn't be alone," he said, looking sadly at me. I let go of Ezekiel but he turned around to look at Galahad with me, one arm still behind my back, holding me close. I loved his touch, but I felt weak, seeing Galahad like this, so I put Ezekiel's arm back beside him. "Galahad, I'm sorry," I said, "I never thought that my presence could cause this much trouble," I said, still shaking. I was terrified at what I was about to do. "I never meant to hurt you, or Ezekiel, and I never meant to break your friendship like this, especially because you were so much better as a Caregiver than you ever were as a Knight. I'm sorry, I'm going to have to leave," I said, watching Galahad's face fall.

Ezekiel tried to grab my hand, "No," he whispered, "I can't lose you too." I stopped him with a sympathetic look, tears filling my eyes. "And I can't let you out in the world, knowing you'll be alone," Galahad said, attempting to grab my other hand. It was all too much. I couldn't do this to them both. There was only one way to fix this. I just didn't know if I had the strength. I looked at them both, then at Colonel Baird, she looked like she wanted to step in, but she also seemed to know that I was about to do the right thing for everyone.

Ezekiel squeezed my hand, "Don't go Mordred," he pleaded.
Galahad looked into my eyes, "You can't be alone," he said, as if all-knowing.

I rolled my eyes at him, knowing I had to do it. I raised my hands, gathering my strength. "STOP!!!" I screamed, blue flashes emanating from my hands as I dropped to the floor. I looked up, and everyone was frozen in time. All my new friends, they had to forget about me, but I wanted to say goodbye to them each in turn.

....................................................

Hello everyone! Thank you all so much on 9K reads! This means so much to me. I wanted to let you all know that this will be the second last chapter in The Knight(Ess) of the Round Table. I've honestly loved this story, but I'm not sure how much more can happen. I've decided on a good finish though, which I hope you'll all like. Please let me know what you've thought of this story, as it's been so fun for me to hear from you all. Mizorerhodina x