'Youth-ified'

"You're back!" Cassandra said, smiling warmly as Ezekiel and I walked through the door to the annex, hand in hand. "Hey Cassandra, did we miss much?" I asked, looking around for Galahad.

"Only the grumpiest I've ever seen Jenkins. Apart from that, I've just been doing some research." Cassandra answered, looking down at her thick book, a half smile playing on her face. "What's that for?" Ezekiel asked, "it looks like you've just solved a difficult math problem."

Cassandra gave us another smile, giggling a little. "Jenkins and I had a discussion while you were gone, about you two." She said, covering her mouth to hide the obvious laughter that escaped. I looked down at Ezekiel and my interlocked fingers, suddenly worried. He squeezed my hand tighter, and I knew he was worried to let me go.

"What did he say about us?" Ezekiel asked, his voice softer than usual, yet somehow set with a courage that I couldn't seem to work out.
"I said he was jealous of you two, because he never got to take Mordred out on a date in Paris," Cassandra said, giggling more as she told us, "And he said that," now she was laughing so hard she had to gasp for air before she continued, "he said that you only liked Ezekiel because he was your age, and that he could probably (youth-ify) himself if he wanted." Cassandra clutched the table, almost snorting with laughter at the thought.

I looked at Ezekiel but he was already watching me nervously. For a moment a panic rose to my throat, but I remembered why Galahad would never 'youth-ify' himself, even for me. It was something so embarrassing, so upsetting to him that I knew he'd never do it, not even for me. I squeezed Ezekiel's hand more, reassuring him that I wasn't going anywhere.

"Where's Galahad?" I asked, watching Cassandra snap out of her giggling spell.
"I don't know, he said he was going to Scotland I think. Said he wanted some seashells." Cassandra said, offhandedly giving me the one piece of information that struck fear into my soul. Scotland. Near the beach. Galahad was looking for Morgana. And if he was looking for Morgana, he might actually be 'youth-ifying' himself afterall.

I looked at Ezekiel, his unspoken courage giving me strength. "We have to find him before it's too late." I said. He looked disappointed, but also relieved, as if he was glad to help Galahad, but upset that he might have to give me up so that Galahad wouldn't do anything stupid. Whatever he was thinking in that moment, I didn't care, all I knew was that he made such a cute thinking face, one that I wanted to kiss over and over again.