Always something

After I took Ken home I drove home myself. Something about my street was off. Normally is bright and lively, but not now. This day, no... this night. I turned on to my street and as if I had entered a different dimension my surroundings were enveloped In darkness. Struggling to see, I turned on my bright lights in hopes it would light the road. It did not. I found my way home and got out of my car. As I walked to my door I realized that once I reached my porch i felt uneasy. I turned around to see if I was just imagining this darkness. When I turned I realized that it wasn't the absence of light causing the darkness. The presence of a dark aura is what was causing this. The smokey black fog was not natural in any way. I hurried up to my room to hopefully be able to see out of my window. My window is even with the street light. When I looked out of my window the top of the street light was clearly visible, but everything lower then the light itself was pitch black. Covered by the stormy clouds that have been brought to only my street. I was watching the light flicker on and off for about five minutes before I noticed a shrouded figure deep in the aura. Only for a split second did I see the figure, walking slowly up the street before fading as if just a mere figment of my imagination. I was a little worried at this point. Not scared. Not startled. But I can tell that it isn't the last time I will see that figure. The aura is lifted as the figure vanishes. First thing I do is text Ken and tell him what happened. "Yo man some crazy shit just happened. I pulled into my neighborhood and this weird aura was covering the street. The air was thick and there was nothing that I could see. I went to my room so I could see the street light. As I was looking at it I noticed something walking up the street but then it vanished". I didn't get a reply. "Well, I guess he's already asleep.