Chapter three

Hey this is going to be a short one just cause I have so many projects due Monday it's not even funny. Anyone whose not a senior think twice about APs and honors courses...

Anyway I should have a longer one up by..let's say Wednesday. Enjoy(:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sera had finally reached home only to find it empty. She checked her phone for the first time all day and found a text from her mother.

Hey I won't be home tonight, Bridget's family asked me to stay. Call me when you get home.

She quickly sent a text to her mother, saying she was home, in no mood to call. After that, Sera went to her room and changed into her clothes before cooking herself something light to eat for dinner. Sera was completely capable of taking care of herself, since she barely saw her mother. Though she couldn't complain. Her mother worked double shifts taking care of an old lady, and had at most a total of six hours of sleep in the past week. Sera would feel bad for her, and she did, but her mother was also a difficult woman. The few hours Sera spent in her presence were filled with her mother screaming about everything and making Sera feel awful.

So Sera went about her life alone and tried to ignore the pain in her heart from thinking about her poor relationship with her mother and basically everyone.

After she ate, Sera watched tv for a few hours before doing her homework and laying in her bed. There she finally thought about her day, and more specifically, Miss. Mills. She couldn't help but realize how close they had gotten as fast as they did. Sera was close to many of her teachers, but she didn't think anything special about the encounter. Though as hard as she tried, she couldn't stop herself from thinking about the strange feeling she got when her vice principal's voice had stalled when she told Sera she needed to pick up a friend. Sera was not naive and realized she was talking about a girlfriend, but was completely lost as to why Miss. Mills felt the need to lie.

Sera thought about it for a while, but her tired brain could no longer make sense of anything. So she cleared her head and drifted off to sleep; she could always think about it in the morning.

On the other side of town, Regina was parked on the side of the road waiting for her girlfriend to come out. She scrolled through her phone aimlessly, checking her Facebook and answering random text messages she didn't realize she had gotten. Soon enough her passenger door was roughly opened and slammed shut. Regina braced herself and turned to Olivia with an apologetic look, but soon grimaced at the livid expression on her face.

"What the hell Regina! I've been sitting here forever, and you didn't even bother answering your phone! I told you how much I hate waiting but you never listen to me! It's like you don't even want a relationship!" Olivia continued to scream and Regina just let her go, knowing their was absolutely no way to stop her until she got everything out of her system. Once Olivia finally quieted down, Regina readied an apology.

"Listen Liv I'm so sorry I forgot to pick you up but I was stuck at work with a student. You cannot believe the amount of paperwork they already drowned me in, I was lucky she was able to help me. As for my phone, I should've checked it and the time in general but that's completely on me. I know you're pissed but hopefully you can forgive me?" Regina smiled apologetically and saw Olivia's face soften, so she knew she was forgiven.

Olivia smiled and hugged her, before pulling away with a suspicious look on her face.

"What student helped you out?"

Regina tried not to flinch, and came up with whatever would make her look less guilty, since her thoughts about the student weren't exactly ones she should be telling her girlfriend.

"Oh she was a freshman who was stuck in the school, she had a late night class for orchestra or something and I decided to recruit her to help me. It was hilarious, she hates me now." She gave a short fake chuckle that she hoped sounded more real to Olivia then it did to her. Olivia thankfully had checked out early in her answer so she only smiled slightly, gave a short that's great and left it at that. Regina took it as the green light to completely drop the subject, so she did and turn the car back on, driving to drop off Olivia before going home.

When Regina finally reached her house to drop Liv off, she tried not to act too guilty when kissing her, since she was definitely nowhere near as enthusiastic about the quickie her girlfriend obviously wanted, and pulled away feigning a yawn. Olivia looked at her understandingly and gave her one last kiss before leaving the car.

Regina sighed and drove off, thinking about why she had felt so guilty. She hadn't done anything inappropriate with Sera; the hug was questionable but definitely not inappropriate. But Regina knew she felt guilty because she wanted more than just a hug, and if Sera had stood with her for another minute Regina wouldn't have been able to help herself. She wondered how a young girl could make her go crazy like that, but again she knew Sera was different. But regardless, anything other than a restricted friendship was deemed completely wrong. Although it was not a happy decision, it was ideal and Regina would have to live with it.

Regina brought her attention back to the road only to find she was parked in her driveway. She shook her head to clear her mind, and got out. When she got inside her house she changed onto her pajamas and went straight to bed, skipping dinner. Her mind was overflowing with thoughts about the girl she had only met today, and she needed a break from it.

As soon as her head hit the pillow, Regina's exhaustion caught up with her and she fell into a deep slumber.