The Late Night Meeting

Chapter 12-

Sera was pacing in her room trying to figure out what to do. She knew she was the one to offer meeting at the park, but now she couldn't stop second guessing herself. It was 9:30 and she had about twenty minutes before she had to leave. Thankfully the park was just down the road from her house, but she still had to leave early so she could go through the streets instead of having to cut through the woods by the baseball field. Sera thought about just going to sleep, and explaining to Regina tomorrow that she didn't want to talk to her.

Sera paused in the middle of her room. Regina. She could not believe she had actually called Ms. Mills Regina in her mind. It came so easily too, like she was just another person, and not her vice principal. Sera smiled slightly to herself, realizing that Regina giving her the power to be an equal to her was one of the greatest feelings in the world. Regina was completely okay with seeing Sera as another person and not a child. This realization made Sera know exactly what she was going to do. She quickly locked her room door and jumped out the window, thanking her stars that she was on the first floor. She quickly walked down the street and headed towards the park, being careful to avoid the groups of people passing by. The last thing she needed to do was run into a group of people from her school, they would ask far too many questions that Sera wasn't willing to answer.

Sera arrived at the swings with about fifteen minutes to spare, and used her extra time to collect herself. She had absolutely no clue what she was going to say when Regina got there, and she became frustrated because of it. She knew she wanted to question her about the conversation with Mrs. Zeppelin, but after that Sera had no idea. She looked at the road adjacent to the park and saw a sleek black car drive up that Sera noticed immediately.

The car quickly parked and out stepped Regina. Sera quickly stood up to try and make herself easier to see, but quickly sat back down when she realized it was pitch black and she was wearing dark colors.

Regina locked her car and turned towards the park. She had a mini pep talk with herself on the ride here, but now she didn't know what to do. Regina could faintly see Sera's outline a little further in the woods. She took a deep breath and walked towards her, hoping something good came out of this meeting and that Sera would forgive her for her chat with Lauren.

When Regina finally reached Sera, the two women took a moment to look at each other. Sera was pleased to see that Regina was wearing a plain white tank top and black jeans; it was weird seeing her out of her normal classy outfits but it also made Regina look like a college student, which definitely helped Sera feel like they really were equals.

"I'm really glad you agreed to meet me," Regina started, but Sera cut her off.

"I figured I should at least give you the opportunity to explain everything, I want to know the full story so I don't jump to any conclusions. Please, sit." Once again Regina was stunned at how mature Sera was. She took a seat next to her on the swings and prepared to explain herself. She looked at Sera who silently nodded, giving her the cue to start talking.

"Okay so, I just wanted to start off by saying I'm not an informant for Lauren, and that is not why I first brought you into my office." Regina proceeded to tell her everything, about looking through her file after their first meeting, all the way through until the conversation she had with Lauren; except for her personal feelings towards Sera, of course. Throughout Regina's entire speech, Sera patiently listened and let her get everything out, unable to speak even if she wanted to. Knowing that Mrs. Zeppelin had given Regina the file about her history was unnerving; that was private information that should have been kept private, and it scared Sera tremendously to know that the paper was still out there. She did, however, take some solace in knowing it was in Regina's possession at the moment, because Sera trusted her.