three

Genevieve's eyes shot open as she sat up in the unfamiliar bed

Genevieve's eyes shot open as she sat up in the unfamiliar bed. She held the white sheets to her chest whilst looking around the room for the previous nights clothes.

The blonde got dressed quickly and quietly, not wanting to wake the man who seemed vaguely familiar in the bed.

She was on her way out of the bedroom when an old leather bound journal laid open on the desk caught her eye. Genevieve knew she shouldn't pry but she couldn't help herself.

Her blue eyes scanned over the cursive words on the page.

If I said I was fine with Elena choosing Damon I would be lying. Of course I'm not okay with it. How could anyone be okay with the girl they love choosing to love someone else?

But she's good for him. She makes him a better person; she makes him happy. I haven't seen Damon this happy in so long.

I love her and I always will, but it's time to move on to something new – something better.

"You know, snooping is rude," his deep voice called out, startling her.

"I'm sorry," Genevieve quickly composed herself. "I didn't mean to, it was just laying there."

Stefan got out of the bed, still naked from the previous nights activities.

"It's fine," he shrugged off, slowly walking towards the bathroom. "I'm going to shower. You are very welcome to join me."

To anyone that knew him, Stefan's words were out of character, but Genevieve barely knew the attractive man in front of her, and simply shrugged the behaviour off. To her, he was just broken-hearted and in need of a pick-me-up.

She followed him into the bathroom where she was slammed against a wall, his lips attaching themselves her neck. She lifted her shirt over her head, throwing to the side with no regard for where it landed.

Gen had always loved helping people, it was something she had done ever since she was a child. She'd do anything to help a someone.

That's why she was fine with the fact that Stefan was only showing interest in her to get over this Elena girl.

Genevieve had no idea they'd end up falling for each other.