four

"I didn't think I'd ever see you again

"I didn't think I'd ever see you again."

The remark resonated throughout the room loudly; Genevieve thought back to the journal entry she had read only moments before.

She was aware that she had hurt him badly which only made it harder to think of the right words to say to him.

"I told you it was only see you later," the words finally slipped from her glossed lips after what felt like hours of silence. "Stefan, listen, I – "

She was cut off by his large arms enveloping her into a bear hug. She inhaled his familiar scent, feeling instantly at ease as the smell took her her senses.

He pulled away briefly, his forest green eyes staring down into her bright blue ones before he crashed his lips into hers.

Genevieve felt sparks fly and butterflies erupt in her stomach just like they had the very first time they kissed. He trapped her body between his own and the wall, tightly gripping her thigh to support her as he held her up.

The kisses were filled with both lust and passion, both equally hungry for the other.

"I missed you," the words came out so quietly that if it weren't for her supernatural hearing she would have missed them.

"Not as much as I missed you."

As soon as the words had fallen from her lips their mouths were attached once more.

Her manicured fingers slipped under his dark shirt, running up and down his chest like she had plenty of times before. He had missed the way she made him feel.

Lost in the moment, Stefan ripped the front of her shirt open exposing her black lace bra that contrasted against her pale skin.

By the end of the night their clothes had been scattered throughout the room, neither caring where they landed – just that they were off.

For the rest of the night they laid tangled in the sheets, fingertips tracing patterns on bare skin; no words were spoken between them, however, for they knew that when the conversation inevitably came it would only end in tears.