nine

The sweet smell of pancakes wafted throughout the small apartment Genevieve had compelled herself upon arriving in Mystic Falls, slowly drifting into the bedroom, waking her up

She wandered into the kitchen, a smile appearing in her lips when she saw Stefan with his back to her as he made pancakes for their breakfast.

"Good morning."

"Hey, I didn't hear you get up." He flipped the pancake with ease. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good," she pressed her lips to his briefly. "Did you shower already?"

"Yeah."

"I think you're gonna have to take another one later," Gen smirked as she leant against the counter.

"Oh am I now?" Stefan flipped the pancake onto a plate and turned off the stove, liking what he was hearing. "And why's that?"

"'Cause you're about to get really dirty," she said innocently.

He opened his mouth to replied, only to have flour thrown in his face and into his partially open mouth.

"You are so gonna pay for that."

Genevieve tried to make a run for it, only to have his arms snake around her waist. She laughed loudly as he pulled her back and flicked pancake batter onto her face.

That was the beginning of a fully fledged food fight. By the end of it, the kitchen, and the 2 vampires in it, were covered in the ingredients Stefan had left on the counter.

Genevieve began to clean up while Stefan resumed making their breakfast and after a few minutes they were sat at the breakfast bar eating what were possibly the best pancakes.

"Why are you staring at me?" She turned to face him, hoping he'd finally look away but to no avail. "Stop!"

Even with flour and egg in her hair and dried batter on her exposed skin, she still looked absolutely perfect to him.

"I can't," he shrugged. "You're so beautiful."

He grinned as a light blushed formed in her cheeks before she went back to her breakfast.

It was in that moment, in the kitchen at 9am eating pancakes that were overloaded with syrup, that he knew how deep he had fallen for her.