Chapter 7: Purple - The Glorious Night Star

"Looking good, bro." Jairus patted his brother on the shoulder. "Told ye' that Wendy's taste of fashion is good."

"I like the colours." I smiled, waving to Feron who's few steps behind Jairus with a sorrow face.

For the past hour, Matt and I have been sweeping the streets for some suitable clothes. It was no fun, I dislike shopping, but now isn't a time for me to pick up some fabric and start to sew either, so I guess we'll have to deal with whatever clothes that's available.

"Thanks for telling me that Wendy has a good taste on fashion, by the way." Matt smiled at his bro. I chuckled. Good taste in fashion? Anyone who look at me will put that opinion as far away from me as possible.

I looked at my clothes. A green T-shirt over a white long sleeve, a skirt over some long pants, a pretty old orange scarf and, of course, the always outstanding blue hair.

I mean, this is kinda crazy. But hey, I inherited from our mother, so I guess I shouldn't be blamed.

I closed my eyes for another small laugh, also brushing away the strands of hair on my forehand using my hand (in white gloves). An image popped up suddenly, and left as quick as it arrived. It's a line of words.

She's a witch, after all.

I jerked awake from my laugh, the sunshine shot into my eyes. Feronia is arguing with Jairus, who had a fake pumped-up-aggression-ready-to-go expression. Matt is leaning against the walls, looking as if he's tired.

"Oi! Stop right there!" A man came running down the street with another man chasing after him. "Give my wallet back!"

"Oh cheese." I heard Jairus groan. Yeah, this is definitely edible......as if.

"Looks like my job." Feronia tapped Jairus on the shoulder and lifted her arm. Aiming at the thief the way she does when shooting arrows, the sunshine's glory reflected on her hair.

The small things that shot out of her elbow became invisible as she gripped the stone with her other hand and turned herself invisible. Yeah, go sis!

"Hair chalk." Feronia passed me the small box of blonde chalk. Ugh. I've been living with these ever since step-mum arrived. Always treating my unusual hair colour like some curse.

"Feronia...you know I don't..."I tried to protest. But even an idiot can tell that the person who had his wallet stolen called us monsters after seeing me instead of Feronia (I was standing behind her, so when she turned on her invisibility skills they thought it was me).

"Fine. Thanks." I agreed after a few seconds of silence. Jairus, on the other side, waved at Feronia and she went over to him.

"Gonna go out for a while." Jairus nodded at us and left with her. I sat down and started applying chalk to my hair. Matt sat down beside me.

"Heard of Sebalaude?" He asked. I shook my head.

"It's where the circus is going next." He explained. "And as described by others, there's a Phrancy's well."

"A well?"

"Yeah, a magical one."

"......"

"Think I'm mad, huh?"

"Nah. You're fine."

"It has always been my dream place."

"Mmm...Never know you dream."