5 - Some Like Them Tits

~ Your touch magnetizing. Feels like I am floating, leaves my body glowing. ~

Nicollete

Once I saw the man, I froze and went speechless. My heartbeat sped, my body temperature plummeted, and it was hard to breathe instantly.

My God, the man with Professor Danes looked like that man in that weird place!

Every bit of him. From his body built, to his facial features, to his frosty eyes that currently were looking at me too.

My wide world just shrunk.

Taller than the Professor and twice younger than him, the man moved with grace. So self-assured, oozing with authority and demanding attention with his surroundings, I was left gaping as he neared me, err...our table.

When our eyes met, I certainly went even stiffer. He had the same color of eyes as that man. He had the same tense brows and jawline, and the same full lips.

I was beginning to think that they were one and the same. That the curse wanted me to have a heart attack. That the man had come to yank my hair again and drag me into a spot where he could lodge a sword through my heart.

Luckily, I noticed two teeny details about him: his modern clothes and his short hair. It was enough to tell me I'm wrong. But still, his presence left me on edge.

He was exactly the kind of man I steer clear of. This kind of man always spelled trouble. But he brought something more than trouble though. I felt it in the way he looked at me. I just couldn't decide what it was.

Now twenty minutes after he arrived, the two professors were called to the stage to give their speech, while the School Principal and her husband watched the program, having their backs to us. Mr. Ozric and the University Director were the ones who had conversed a lot. That's where I learned that the man was the CEO and owner of a damn multibillion company. I just sat there, silent, but you could only imagine how cold my hands were. Unfortunately though, the University Director excused himself and went to another table to talk to a teacher. That left me alone with him.

"By chance, do...do you believe in reincarnation? Or doppelgängers?" I asked out of the blue. You could say that it was my way of opening up a conversation after an awkward silence with him, but partly I was curious too.

I believe in such things and right now, I was thinking that Mr. Darien Ozric of the Ozric International Conglomerate had a doppelgänger in a different world.

Twisted.

He looked at me and cocked an eyebrow.

"That's an unusual question for someone who I just met," he said smoothly.

I didn't think that he was offended, but still I rushed to apologize, "Oh, I'm sorry...I wasn't really thinking right."

I cleared my throat and went to focus on my desert of mango meringue again, but my ears faintly caught a chuckle from him.

"No worries," he said, "I get that a lot."

"Excuse me?" I gave him a questioning brow.

"Many people confuse me as another person." He drank his wine that the Professor seemed to have prepared only for him and I just stared at how his Adam's apple bobbed. Rather improper for a lady, my grandmother always reminded me, but what was I to do? His presence just demanded attention even in the simplest of things.

"You sure look very much alike to a person I...recently met," I confessed, unable to hold myself anymore.

"Hmmm," he placed the empty wine flute on the table and then shifted in his seat to face me. "That's an interesting story to hear."