6 - Some Like The Dog Chase

~ I'm a legend. I'm irreverent. I'll be reverend. I'm a be so far up-p-p... ~

Lucein

My mind reeled on the revelation I just found.

Hell, the ancient mirror that this woman had donated in this school museum had a large amount of Zaxonian silver in it. Meaning, it was created from my realm. Meaning, someone was messing with my Kingdom and taking advantage with its natural resources without my permission. Without me even knowing.

Fucking rats. I'll cut their heads off.

But how? And why?

I surely wanted to know the answer, but for now, I'd have to be stealthy, take it step by step and questioning my mysterious woman was the first on the line.

It wasn't my plan, but my calm and collected, business man-gentleman facade broke as soon as I saw the silvers swirling inside the mirror. Earthlings can't see it, but I sure can with my Zaxonian royal blood.

That in turn affected my treatment of her. I would have gone for the kind and playful act, but my mask just cracked all the way through. My temper rising.

I couldn't blame her when she started avoiding me as we continued our museum tour on the second floor.

Many times our eyes met and many times I found her retreating behind the presence of other visitors or the Professor himself. She was trying to compose herself, acting as if I hadn't scared her earlier. As if I hadn't made her wet and hot before that.

"You're Highness, I thought you'd only stay for an hour?" Dr. Danes asked me when he appeared in my front. The man was busy, I know, but does he really have to approach me and point that out?

"I think I'll stay longer. I'm investigating something," I answered, looking briefly past him and into Nicolette's gorgeous back visible behind a glass casing.

Dr. Danes scoffed a little. He turned subtly to the side and traced the path where my eyes fell.

"Oh, you're investigating alright," he stated, giving me a smirk.

I snarled at him and opted to change the subject. "I want that Malta mirror. Have it delivered to my suite before this night is through."

The Professor's smirk faded. "Mirror? You mean the one Ms. Holland donated?"

I didn't nod. Shit, wasn't my order already obvious?

"But it's school property now, Your Highness. I can't just take it out of the museum without informing Professor Malorie or the University Director. Why do you want it anyway?"

"It's Zaxonian property, Professor. Not Ms. Holland's. And certainly not the school's."

"Zaxonia? But it came from Malta." His brows furrowed.

"Questions, questions," I drawled and glared at him. "Do what I order you to do. Tell the University Director and your colleague that I'll pay a good sum in exchange for that mirror."

Finally, he bowed his head low, giving in. "I'll do as you wish."

When I went to search for the woman again, I was disappointed. She was nowhere in sight anymore.

Shit, my pretty little kitty just escaped.

So, right then and there, I darted for the stairs. She might not have gone far wearing those heels. If I'd catch her, I'll make sure to get information as much as I could, even if it means locking her up, or making her moan. Whichever comes first.