Game time (3)

Me and my team, who I have grown quite fond of in a short amount of time, are sitting next to a bench (not on it), cold water bottles in hands, discussing our recent wins. Our conversation is cheerful, and I can feel everyone's happiness radiating off of them like heat coming from the sun.

"Yes! They were so good, but we were better. When (Y/N) appeared out of nowhere and blocked that last spike, I got goosebumps. I was in the air next to her, and everything was going so slow! It was amazing." A girl called Saho said. The team all seemed to jump in synchronisation, and blurted out all together,
"That was incredible, (Y/N)!"
I feel my cheeks burn as I quietly try to brush it off like it was nothing.
Hiyaka, the setter of our team, slid into the convo and exclaimed "Hey, (Y/N)! Be proud of that gosh darn block, because it allowed us to win. If it weren't for you, then there's a possibility that we would all be crying about how we lost right now." I see everyone nod their heads in agreement. I sigh,
"I guess it was pretty epic..."
"That's the spirit!" Cheers our pinch server, Reta.
"Oh, that reminds me, Reta, have you forgotten your heroic serve you did back there? You know, the one that scored us a point straight away." Everyone's heads snap towards Reta, all focusing on her. Finally, I'm not the centre of attention anymore.
"That serve was just-just- out of this world!" Hiyaka stutters as she looks for the perfect phrase to express her opinion.
"Haha, yeah. This team is pretty interesting." Saho mutters, mostly to herself.

I take a sip of my water bottle, and as I tilt my head backwards, I notice some viewers gathering on the small balcony thingy above me. (A/N: I have no idea what it's called lol) I happen to recognise a few of them, mostly from the volley ball club. Nishinoya Yu, a 2nd year who reminds me of someone who I played against, is chatting excitedly with a fierce boy, who hasn't got a lot of hair. I scan the rest of the balcony searching for similar faces, and my eyes land on a certain blondie. I don't know his name, and quite frankly, I don't care what it is, because I like the name I've given him:
Salty french fry.
I think it's very creative. Next to him is Kageyama. I assume they don't like each other, because Kageyama appears to be groaning at the tall boy. I find it quite amusing.

So, there's a 2nd year volleyball player, and a 1st year volleyball player. They must have finished their games already, which was rather quick. But, if they've finished their games, and they're here to watch, then that means...

I shuffle around to face the door, and when I can finally see the entrance to the gymnasium, I feel their eyes on us.

The third year boys team, ready to go against us. Just as I expected, the three boys I mentioned earlier are standing tall and proud, and determined to win this game. Nothing is going to stop them from taking away the pride of winning the last game.
That's what I thought.
Instead, an obvious blush appears on Sugawara's chubby cheeks, and he says something to his friend Daichi. I'm pretty sure that he said something along the lines of "let's take it easy, they're just girls" blah blah blah. We aren't sitting close to them, but the distance is short enough for me to make out Asahi's trembling hands. He must be nervous.

I stand up slowly after taking my last gulp of water, and my team slowly follows, rising from their places on the floor. Instead of walking ahead, I turn around to face my new friends.

"Okay, this idea might be a bit shitty, but I want you lot to listen. I have a feeling these boys will avoid giving it their all, because we're all beautiful ladies, and what kind of man wants to hurt little ladies like us? So, if we notice them slacking off, we can use this to our advantage, and take them by surprise. This will get us a few easily scored points. Make sure you don't let them lot scare you. We can win this. Let's go!" I punch the air, and the girls copy me, and echo. "let's go!"

We're on the court now, and it's nearly time to play. My heart is racing, adrenaline rushing through my body. I'm eager to get started. I've never played against boys before. This is going to be different.

And it's going to be fun.

Here come the boiiis 👀 see ya next chapter