Chapter Fourteen: The goodbyes

*Erza's Pov*

"Lucy Heartfilia, Fairy Tail's Sixth Guild Master, and wonderful friend to everyone here. She touched the lives of everyone she came across. Her heart was purer than  gold, and her smile rivaled the sun.  I never thought I'd be forced to live a day without her by my side." I paused. 

I looked out at the crowd that stood before me, not only members of our guild, but members and masters of the other official guild, and even towns people were all listening to what I had to say.  

Nodding at my words about our beloved friend. This was the funeral of the Sixth Fairy Tail Master

"It will be hard without her. I know I will miss her dearly, she will always be in out hearts. Do not forget. Her last words were one of the three rules someone must abide by when leaving our guild, Fairy Tail. Three. Though our paths may have diverged you must continue to live out your life with all your might. Must you never consider your own life to be something insignificant and you must never forget about your friends for as long as you live." I stopped momentarily.

"As the Seventh Master of Fairy Tail, I will never let a single soul forget this. I will do it for Lucy, because I know she would never want anyone to go against this....I believe it is time for us to say goodbye to The Sixth, would someone care to go first?" I questioned.

Lisanna stood. "I will."

I nodded my head and sat down, catching my breath before I broke down again.

Lisanna took a deep breath. "I did not know Lucy when she first joined the guild, being in Edolas kept me from that. But I heard the tales of her and her kindness. She was a sweet and loving girl who cared more about the people around her than anything." 

She laughed slightly as a few tears rolled down her cheeks. "I was a bit jealous of her when I came back from Edolas, she had the attention of Natsu. Even though he wasn't aware of his feelings toward her, I could see them. But as I grew closer to Lucy I began to realize what he saw in her. When Natsu passed away Lucy came to my house constantly to see how I was, when I could clearly tell she was suffering more than I." 

Her gaze drifted to the skies. "Lucy, if you can here me...I miss you. Please take care of yourself! Always stay by Natsu's side!" 

I looked down. The pain in Lisanna's eyes was too great to stand. I saw her sit down out of the corner of my eye.

Juvia standing up next.

She stood there for a few moments, her hands folded and hanging below her stomach.

"Juvia...Juvia is so sorry. Because Juvia did stop you from jumping in front of Juvia, you are no longer here. Juvia wanted to save someone....Not lose someone. Juvia wants you to come home, back to Fairy Tail." She paused. 

I looked up as Gray stood and turned to her. "This is not your fault, Juvia. No one here blames you for anything so don't you dare think this is because of you!" He cried.

"Juvia cant help it, Juvia misses Lucy." Tears sliding down her pale skin.

Gray walked over to her and embraced her tightly.

"G-Gray-Sama..."

The two sat down as Gray calmed her down some.

Telling her that it would be alright.

Levy stood, her small body almost trembling. 

"Lucy...you are my best friend, I love you so much! Please come back to me...to us. I don't want to face this world without you! I need you, I'll do anything! You taught me so much that I would have never learned without you....I hope where ever you went is beautiful, I hope Natsu is there with you. Please take care Luc, I will always love you." She cried.

"Come here, Shrimp." Gajeel spoke softly as he tugged on Levy's arm, bringing her down into his lap. She burried her small face into Gajeel's chest as he put his arms around her.

Gray was the next one to take his turn. 

"Lucy, I have decided that I will accept my spot on the Magic Council. You told me that I would be an excellent choice for it. You wanted me to go for it, so I am going to. You were an amazing Master, one of the greatest I've ever seen. You will be missed. Tell Fire Breath I miss him as well. Don't have too much fun without me, Okay?" He ended with a slight smile. 

Wendy brought herself up from her seat.

"You were a very close friend of mine, Lucy. I saw you as almost like an older sister. I have chosen to follow in your footsteps. I hope to one day become master. Erza has agreed to let me be her apprentice. You'll always be in my heart, Lucy. Please don't forget me."

I looked around as more and more people stood and talked about the things Lucy had done for them.

How she had impacted their lives so greatly.

Even though everyone was devastated that she was gone, they each had goals that were inspired by her for their lives.

It was an incredible thought.

A single soul, effecting all the lives of these people lives so greatly. 

Yet no one wanted to let go of her. 

After everyone had finished their goodbyes.

Elfman, Freed, Gray and Gajeel lowered her beautiful casket down into her grave and filled it back up with dirt. 

One of Lucy's favorite things about Magnolia were the Rainbow Sakura's.

I though placing Lucy underneath her favorite tree in the whole city was a grand idea. 

So that every year, she will have a front row seat seeing the Sakura's leaves turn rainbow colored. 

It was a beautiful spot for her final resting place, just like the First Master's grave is underneath a gorgous tree.

I felt it was appropriate, for someone of her title.

As it got dark, everyone went home to sleep off their pain.

I stood in front of her gave to say my final words to her.

"Lucy...I hope I never let you down. I will strive to be as great a master as you were. Please never forget any of us. I know we wont forget you. I'm so glad I got to fight along side you for so many years. You were an incredible friend. I couldn't have asked for anyone better. I love you with all my heart, Lucy."