';Part Five- Be My Valentine?

Cherri's P.O.V. -

Today was the worst day of the year. The day that every girl without a boyfriend hates.

Valentine's Day.

I plodded down the stairs unenthusiastically, towards my kitchen.

Mom and Dad were already sitting comfortably at the breakfast bar. They were smiling at each other dopily, whilst my dad was frying bacon, my mom stole the occasional kiss as she packed away case files into her briefcase. There was a giant bunch of red roses on the breakfast bar, which Mom looked at tenderly, adjusting the flowers neatly.

My dad is world-famous billionaire Riccardo Alonso. His hair was still silky smooth and dark brown. He still had that charming smile from all of the photographs that I had seen from before I was born. Apparently, my dad was a bit of a player, a ladies' man from what I've heard from Aunt September, and Mom of course. But I know that he'd never do anything to hurt my Mom. His skin tone is a light caramel, according to him; he got it from his parents, my grandparents, who are Puerto Rican. I could speak and write fluent Spanish from the age of 6, Dad taught me everything. Sometimes, he used to take me to a cafe and we would talk about people in Spanish and laugh the day away.

My grandmamma died before I was born but my grandfather lives with some slut in D.C. Dad doesn't speak about them too much, especially my grandfather but from what I've heard, he was a b*****d anyway. My dad is kind, loving and mostly very protective. He gets really uptight if a boy so much as glances in my direction. The clothes I wear, when I go out... he used to drop me to and from school, but he stopped once I turned 15, I insisted on it. My dad will do anything for me. What's more, he'll do anything for Mom. He does everything in his power to make sure she's happy, to make sure she's safe. He loves her to the end of the Earth and back again, and he always shows it.

My Mom is billionaire's wife Kimberley Alonso. I'm just like her in quite a lot of ways. Firstly, I have her hair. Long blonde, brown curls the exact same as hers. There are lots of photos of Mom with her hair down but she tends to wear it upwards now. 'Get up and go' she calls it. Secondly, I have her personality. I'm too kind. But then again I'm feisty and proud like my Dad too. My Mom loves my Dad; I suppose she'd die for him. She's always going on about his personality, his charm, his smile..... Sometimes I get sick and tired of it, but I can tell she really cares about him. A lot.

"Cherri, darling!"

Mom hugged me and handed me a plate piled with waffles and syrup

"You look lovely." She beamed

Senior Year is being forced to wear red today. Our deputy headmistress insists that we must all love ourselves and others. Really she's just a horrible old cow that insists on jamming her body into tight clothes and small heels which make her look like a whale in clothing.

Today, I'm wearing a red shirt, tied just below my bust and a pair of high waisted denim shorts. Mom has lent me her Christian Louboutins for the day and I wear my red apple necklace and the gold charm bracelet that Jake got me for my 16th.

Never stop being you.... Love Jake. Xxx

I looked fondly at the bracelet and smiled. I took two large bites of waffle and the syrup slid down my throat.

Grabbing my bag from underneath the counter, I took a sly sip of my dad's OJ on the edge of the table whilst his back was turned.

My dad ruffled my curls as he served up breakfast.

"My two favourite ladies." He grinned, "I love you both so much..."

He kissed the top of my head and then Mom's lips.