Chapter six...

I could see it.

I could see the sadness in his eyes when he walked into my office, that skinny teenager who puts up with me.

When I saw him cry, I wanted to comfort him like so many had for me. But he wants to be solitary, I can see it. He waits, he waits for someone to notice how much he's hurting inside, how much his own mind is killing him.

I could see the anger flare up when I looked at him sadly.

He doesn't want it and he doesn't need it... that's exactly how I felt but then you begin to realise when everyone looks at you normally it's like everyone has forgotten... you feel alone.

You're alone, all at once and much too quickly.

Sitting on my desk, tracing my sleeve, looking like a child in a candy store. He pulled away, the warmth of his long fingers leaving my skin. I wanted that heat, playing happy for the press was not an option anymore. I could actually feel happy instead of wanting to die inside without them.

I took his hand in mine and brought it to my lips, smirking when his eyes widened. His face was priceless, the shock and confusion flowing through him, but the bright red colour in his cheeks sent me smiling again.

Never in all these years did I think I would smile, genuinely, once again. But times change, people come and go, and that one person who you need may turn up.

I want to know more... what has happened to him? Why is he having such a hard time?

He needs to let someone in... someone who understands... I only hope that could be me.

Watching him blush and hide in his jacket, pulling the sleeves over his hands and covering his face. I take the time to notice the small things, his blonde hair sitting irregularly perfect, the small amount of muscle on him, his clothing choice, the way his eyes lit up slighlty when I saw him first walk in.

There's something about him. I can't place it just yet.

He is so well hidden and confined... I wonder if he would have actually left this time if he didn't have my number.

I think I need him...

Surprise it's Matthew's pov :DD