Chapter twenty...

I love him. I really do.

My brother is the greatest sometimes.

Today, Monday, he took me out for ice cream. No matter that it's fairly cold still, we used to get ice cream even in the winter back home.

I'm so glad he is spending time with me again, and to make everything better the girls have left me alone for a while.

We are sat in St.James ice creams forgotten as we watch Angel run around with the rest of London's dogs. There's some event happening but we both know I hate the crowds so we are peacefully watching on.

A tap on my shoulder pulled my attention to the left, I'm met with a pair of green eyes.

Matthew...

"Can I sit?" He asks, I nod and shuffle over on our regular bench.

I turned back to the park, shoving my hands deeper into the pocket of Henry's university hoodie.

I smell the familiar smoke from beside me; I glance up at Matthew and see the cigarette between his crazy soft lips... I didn't just think that.

His eyes caught mine, feeling my face heat up, I turned away in hopes of concealing my blush. He bumped his shoulder with mine, regaining my attention.

I observed him as he withdrew it from his mouth and passed it to me. Glancing back to Henry I saw he was watching me wearily. Rolling my eyes at his overprotective nature, I returned my gaze to Matthew and took the cigarette from his fingers. Drawing in a breath as I placed it to my lips I sighed, exhaling the smoke. Watching it float away from us, up into the air.

I passed it back and looked around the park, spotting a familiar face I stood up. There she was sat on the grass, with baby Joshua, Katie.

I giggled lightly as I watched her fret over Joshua eating grass.

Straightening out my jeans I began to walk over, I spared a look to the two worried looking men on the bench and waved them off.

I walked over and knelt down in front of her. I waved as her face lit up with a smile. Gesturing to her spot on the grass I joined her, watching Joshua as he made his way slowly to me.

"How are you?" Katie asked as I turned my attention back to her instead of the 18 month old on my lap now. She grabbed her phone from the ground next to her.

I nodded and grabbed my phone.

Me – I'm good how are you two?

Katie – We're good

Me – how are you finding London??

Katie – there's too many people XD

Me – agreed

Me – I might have to go soon, my brother and friend are over there.

She looked up at me after reading my message.

I pointed over to the bench upon which were a confused looking Henry and a relaxed Matthew. As I caught their eyes I smiled to them, being reciprocated by two smiles I turned back to Katie.

Katie – I won't take any more of your time then... but is that Matthew Johnson??

Me – yeah we met in weird circumstances... he's really sweet and loving

Katie – oh my god!!! You guys are so gay for eachother!!

Me – KATIE

Katie – OHMYLORD YES I SHIP IT I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

I watched her grow more and more excited as she speedily typed out 'ship' names and other cute things that couples do. I slap a hand over my face and fall backwards as she waves the two of them over.

I stayed like that until a large hand wrapped around my own small palm. I peeked up and spotted Matthew leaning over me. He smiled and pulled my hands away. I smiled up at him but quickly looked down as a weight thumped onto my chest, I spotted a smaller Joshua jumping onto me.

Looking to Katie she was fussing over all of us... she'll be a great mum. I waved her off and sat up, holding onto Joshua as I did.

I watch Matthew as he interacts with all three of them.

I move and stand up, gaining Matthew's attention. I glance around looking for Angel; I spy her by the bench we are normally at looking lost. I suddenly feel bad, we left the usual bench and she knows that's where we always are. Oh my god, I hope she doesn't think we have abandoned her.

Hurriedly, I run over to her and touch her back. She turns quickly, her tongue flopping from her mouth. She smothered me in kisses as I knelt down to her, I smiled rubbing her soft fur lovingly. I sit back on the bench and stroke through her coat, she licks my hand or face every so often. Looking up I see a pair of eyes on me, I wave to Matthew and he stands up. As he makes his way over to me I watch as he buttons his top button and redoes his tie... he's leaving. The realisation dampens my mood slightly.

"I have to head back soon, Joshua." He says, sitting next to me on the bench.

'I know.' I sign, looking into his eyes.

"I asked Henry, he said he can take Angel home." My eyes grow wide and he smiles, "So if you want to, we can hang at my office."

I nod enthusiastically.

Me and Matthew are now sat in his office once again, Henry took Angel home while we all waved 'bye' to Katie. She's lovely.

I observe Matthew as he types away on his computer, he told me he was going over a case that was more severe than they had realised. His furious typing was the only thing moving within the office, me and him were both sat fairly still. Me on the window ledge reading a book from his shelves and him in that weirdly big office chair.

I saw his typing stop from the corner of my eye, I look up and see him looking to the door. I watch as him and the mystery woman at the door exchange words, I realise that she hasn't noticed me.

It probably isn't a serious conversation so I go back to my book, the itching in my mind that I shouldn't be here right now grows. I move slowly and hopefully quietly, my nose decides to betray me and a sneeze tickles me. I tried to cover it but as I sneezed I dropped the book from my grip causing both people to look at me. Great... just, great.

The lady looks mad and waves her hands at Matthew.

Their angry looking conversation carries on as I sit awkwardly by the window.

Who the hell is this woman and why does Matthew look constipated?