Part 3

Morning came as Chaeyoung woke up from the sound of the whistling kettle. She immediately reminisced the feeling of being kissed by Mina last night, she can’t explain how it felt. It was overwhelming, just thinking about it gave her chills and made her quiver like a 7 year old girl experiencing puppy love, she never wanted that night to end fearing that things will now change. Mina didn’t confess to her anyway so she feels like she’s still hanging on a thread. She made her way to the kitchen and was greeted by Jeongyeon.

“Morning Chaeng, come, sit here I have news for you.”

“This better be good Yoo Jeongyeon” Chaeyoung responded with a serious face

“Oooooh. This is better than good.”

Mina suddenly appeared holding a plate, she walked towards Chaeyoung.

“Morning Chaengie, I made you toast” she handed it to Chaeyoung and smiled to her that sweet smile.

Taking a bite into her toast she noticed books lying on the table. Baby books, suggestions for a baby’s name, pregnancy magazines…

“What are these?”she asked

“Oh these are called B-O-O-K-S and M-A-G-A-Z-I-N-E-S Chaeyoung, just in case you don’t know” Jeongyeon teased her, as if she’s saying it to a 3 year old kid.

“Ofcourse I know, silly. But why is it…” she looked at Jeongyeon who gave her a wink in return, and then to Nayeon who flashed her a ‘hwaiting!’ gesture and lastly she turned to look at Mina who lowered her head and smiled shyly while biting her lips.

“what are these jerks up to? What’s happening, is someone pregnant? OMG! Is Minari pregnant?! Did i.. last night? No. she can’t be impregnated with just a kiss, or is she pregnant with a MAN?! Whaaat?!” she thought

“Chaeyoung-ah, guess what…” Mina started

“w-what?” Chaeyoung answered. She just wanted to get this over with, the tension is getting into her her nerves for crying out loud.

“we’re going to be Godmothers ” The word ‘mother’ echoed in Chaeyoung’s ears

“WHAT?! Mothers?! Mina-ya, you can’t get pregnant with just ‘that’ and besides, we’re not ready yet” she protested.

Mina hurriedly ran to cover Chaeyoung’s mouth

“Ahahahahaha. Omo. C-Chaeyoung-ah, W-what’s wrong with you? Still mentally asleep? I said, GODMOTHERS, Nayeon is pregnant, Yay!” and she just laughed herself hard wishing that the couple did not notice what Chaeyoung had accidentally said.

Chaeyoung realizing her mistake covered everything with her with baby cub laugh*

“BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

“Omo. Nayeon ah, congratulations, I know you’ll be a good mother but we’re always here to help you if you need us okay? Aha. Ahaha.. and you, Yoo Jeongyeon, you’re unbelievable” Chaeyoung gave her a worshipping gesture and went to the bathroom pretending that she forgot something while Mina went back to their room to change into her working clothes. Jeongyeon and Nayeon stared at each other with dumbfounded looks on their faces.

“Nayeon dear, I think something weird happened, we’re supposed to surprise Chaeyoung but I think our plan backfired at us”

“I agree with you baby. I may be pregnant, but I’m not deaf. Something fishy is going on between them. I knew it ! I heard laughter coming from the kitchen last night.”

“Haha. Chaeyoung, that dork. Finally stepped out of her comfort zone I guess. Haha. I wish we have security cameras around the house though.”

And the two of them laughed hard imagining what byunchaeng did last night. The amusing atmosphere suddenly changed into an intense one when they heard the doorbell rang. Chaeyoung being near the door, opened it and to her surprise…

Omo. You’re Jackson right? That actor. Good morning, what brought you here?

Uhm. I’m here to pick up Ms. Mina Myoui” he replied politely.

Pick up..Mina.. ri?” Chaeyoung asked, raising an eyebrow.

Yes. I believe we have a lunch date today.

What the hell is this jerk talking about? She’s dating Minari? Is that it? But when did they start and why would Mina..after what happened last night? What was that? A farewell gesture?” she felt her stomach stiffen at the thought.

Oh. Jackson, sorry to keep you waiting, shall we go?” Mina said, her eyes glittered as she flashed him her breath taking smile.

Yes.”

Chaeyoung felt her heart clench seeing Jackson reached for Mina’s hand and held it firmly in his grasp.

Oh Chaeyoung-ah, I forgot to tell you I’m working on a project with Jackson, we have to get to know each other before we start working though, it’s a company protocol. I’ll see you later then. Bye, and oh Chaeng..let’s have di—“ but before she could finish her words Chaeyoung had already turned her back against them, waved goodbye and with a jolt of bitterness and jealousy, she said…

Have fun

Chaeyoung fought back the tears and pretended that she’s fine although she wanted to burst out, Jeongyeon patting her back and consoling her only made her feel emotional, she can’t cry and also she was worried about Nayeon, pregnant women shouldn’t be influenced with distress and emotional breakdowns so she decided to go to work instead. On her way to work, her face was cold as ice, emotionless, hurt and anger started to boil inside her. Mina being with a guy, after she kissed me, what a joke. I’ve been so dumb to expect that she would love the way I love her, maybe she just needed to satisfy her longing for a kiss, I’m her best friend anyway, so maybe she just felt comfortable doing it with me, I just overreacted. Tch. How dumb of me” She thought as she strolled aimlessly in the sidewalk. her hurtful thoughts were cut off when she bumped into someone, feeling more irritated, she confronted the person.

Yah! Are you blind?!?

Mianhe. It was my fault, I wasn’t paying attention to the road. Mianhe” the person bowed low at her and when she straightened herself again. Chaeyoung was surprised to see a very cute, innocent-looking and petite girl looking back at her, her anger slowly subsided.

It’s alright, just take care next time” she said.

The girl bowed low at her again and smiled sweetly, which taeyeon found very cute, and started to walk away.

Chaeyoung finally arrived at the studio, she decided to gather herself together and not think about what happened a while  ago, so it will not affect her job. She headed to the vending machine to get a drink she was about to insert a coin when her hand collided into another hand that was about to do the same thing. She looked at the person beside her and saw a familiar face.

You… you were that girl that I bumped into, what are doing here?

“Um, I’m a new talent here and I just came from California. The company said that I’m going to sing their new song, although they said it was a duet. I haven’t met the other girl yet, they just said her name is Son Chaeyoung. Sorry about what happened earlier and by the way, I’m Yeri” she stretched out her hand, in hopes for a handshake. Chaeyoung grabbed her hand and shook it.

“Son Chaeyoung. Nice to meet you”

Yeri’s smile slowly disappeared and she was left openmouthed.

Sorry for very late update, -ChaengOppa 🐯