Ari: the kiss

She was nervous to see Zach's chiseled face. His kind eyes made her feel at home, like he would always be there for her. He grabbed her waist, making her feel protected. The way he looked at her made her feel weak. She loved everything about him, his blue eyes made her melt, his smile made her want to smile. She couldn't even think straight when he was holding her. But how could she love him? He was almost an adult, heading towards the path, the world will take him away from her. She was so innocent and scared for her entire life. Society would never accept the love that they had for each other, no matter how special it was. At that moment, she didn't care. When he leaned down, she didn't even gasp for air. She finally had her first kiss, with the most perfect person. But they could never be together, her parents would never allow her to find her soulmate, especially after the deal they made at her 10th birthday. She remembers that day as if it were yesterday, Ari was turning 10, a big year for girls. Since she was special, the spirits contacted her parents about if the should continue the search for the mystery boy. Her parents had to admit, they were tired of looking for someone who seemed like they never wanted to be found. The spirits decided to tell my parents to make a deal with me. The deal was if she ever were to find my soulmate, we would be so behind in all the rituals that she could never be with him. Since she was only a child, she agreed and went on with her life. She always thought even if she had found him, they would just drift away with no sense of real love. That wasn't the case with Zach, she knew this was too real in a way different than any other soulmates. Their love was like the stories her grandma use to tell her about, so full of passion and fire. The kiss was just the beginning, there was way too much passion for even the spirits to extinguish.