Chapter 21

Will pulled Nico off the plane.  The two boys had walked all the way to the airport, then a man took pity on them there and managed to get them a flight back to California.  Nico was terrified out of his wits, and Will was, too, but the flight landed safely there and now the boys were almost home.  Home.  Oh, god.  Will ran his fingers through his hair. 
"Nico, come on." He smiled at his sleepy boyfriend and then just laughed and ended up picking him up, bridal style, and carrying him to the car.  That car had been parked in that same space ever since they got on the first plane, Will realized.  Huh.  He shuddered, remembering, then placed Nico in the passengers seat.  Nico slumped over and rested his head on Will's shoulder as he drove.  Will left it there, lost in thought.  When he had first gone to college, he had been wishing for adventure.  Anything other than what he had at home would be perfect. This was not what he had expected at all, though it was an adventure in every sense of the word. He played some soft music as to not wake Nico. Then Nico let out a whimper. Two minutes later, it turned into rapid screaming. Will pulled the car over in fright. His hands moved quickly to unbuckle his boyfriend and pull him over, stroking his forehead and holding his hands, telling him it's okay, it's just a dream, you're okay. At the last one, Nico's eyes shot open.
"But you weren't." He croaked. Will wrapped his arms around him.
"I'm fine. I'm right here with you. I love you." He comforted him. "Do you want to go back to sleep?" Nico shook his head no. "Okay. Then stay up with me." He nodded and got back into his seat. Will turned the dial and the music got louder.
"C-can you sing?" Nico asked Will quietly. Will smiled softly and took a breath, singing along to the music. Nico sat contently next to him. After three songs, Will turned to Nico.
"Can you?" Nico's eyes widened.
"No way."
"Please??" Will pouted.
"I- well.. alright." Will turned the music lower to hear him better. Nico opened his mouth, and then there was his angelic voice flying through the air. He sounded really good. Like, really good. Will smiled. The sun had gone down, and the roads weren't entirely free of traffic, but the glowing lights outside made the drive comfortable. Soon enough, Will pulled up at their house. He was exhausted, struggling to keep his eyes open. Nico, on the other hand, was wide awake, seeing as he usually took his classes at night and was used to staying up till morning. He helped Will out of the car and unlocked the door. Will slouched as he walked in, one hand softly resting on Nico's shoulder. They collapsed on the couch, not even bothering to go to their rooms. It reminded Will of the time they stayed up "studying" with pizza, getting to know each other. Look at them now. Will grinned drowsily. He turned his head towards Nico, his curls flipping over.  Nico smiled and looked back at him. 
"I'm glad your safe." Will said.  It was a vague statement, but it was really felt from the heart.  Nico was tearing up.
"Thank you.  For everything."  And he tilted his head up and kissed Will on the lips.  Will kissed back, startled, but at the same time he loved it.  When they broke away, he just held Nico tightly, and they drifted off.