Chapter 22

"Let's go out."

"What?" 

"Let's go out." Will repeated.

"You remember what happened last time we tried that?" Nico laughed nervously.

"Of course I remember, but I mean like a restaurant.  Something really nice, fancy even.  Ever since we got back we've been working like crazy to catch up for school.  It's been months, Nico! We've worked into the summer! We deserve a break."  Nico shrugged and kissed his boyfriend, smiling.

"Okay."

"Great.  Get ready, Angel, we're leaving at 7." Will walked back into his room and rummaged through his closet, pulled out a suit.  He slipped it on and straightened it.  Was a tie too much? No, not for this occasion. He chose a black one and wrapped it around his neck, running a few fingers through his hair.  He checked the time.  It was 6:51.  He opened his door and peeked out.  Nico's door was still closed, so he walked out and leaned against it.  When it did open, Nico stepped out looking fresh.  A smile ghosted on his lips.  He wore a suit, too, with a yellow tie.  It matched Wills hair.  

"You look incredible." He laughed, kissing him and holding his arm out.  Nico took it, smiling, and Will escorted him out to the car.  

They walked into the restaurant.  It was beautiful on the inside, with a crystal chandelier and velvet chairs.  Music played from a small stage in the corner.  Nico took Wills hand.  

"Wow." He mused.  "This is really amazing."

"You like it?" Will's eyes sparkled, brighter than usual.  They sat down at a table and ordered, and Wills hand slipped into the pocket of his suit, where his fingers wrapped around a small, black velvet box.