Chapter Five

Hermione

The rest of the train ride was, nice. We talked about, well, everything. He asked me a lot of questions, and I got answers to them in turn if I didn't know the answer.

"What's your favorite color, Granger." He often flipped between Granger and Hermione. Though Granger now has a playful tone, where it used to be laced with poison.

"Forest green. So just a tad darker than Slytherin green."

"Really? I'm surprised. Mine happens to be crimson red." My eyebrows raise at him.

"You're not messing with me are you?" He shakes his head.

"I'm dead serious. Father never let me have anything red though..." a sad look crosses his face so quick I almost don't catch it. "Next, question, favorite book?"

"Hogwarts: A History. Yours?"

"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them."

It continues on like this until it's time to inform the other students that to change. We turn our backs to each other and change ourselves before heading to the other compartments.

"I'll take Gryffindor and Ravenclaws and you get Slytherin and Hufflepuff?" I turn towards him and watch him struggle with his tie.

He nods and I notice his hands are shaking. I stride over to him and fix his his tie for him. I'm inches away from his chest. Inches away from his lips. He leans forward so slightly it's barely noticeable, in the same movement he thinks against it and scurried to the door. "Yeah. Meet you afterwards so we can help Hagrid with the first years." He doesn't meet my eyes.

Before I can respond he's out the door.

~*~

I pass Harry's compartment and see they are already dressed. I slide open the door and smile at them.

"Mione!" Ginny exclaims while slamming herself into my body, hugging me tightly.

"Hi Gin." I turn to the rest of my friends, "Hi guys."

"Mione, we gotta ask, who's the Head Boy?" Harry asks, all of them looking at me expectantly.

"Draco Malfoy..." I mumble under my breath.

"Sorry didn't catch that." Ginny, who is the closest to me smiles.

"Draco Malfoy." I say loud enough for them all to hear. At this Harry smiles knowingly, Ginny blushes, and Ron's face turns scarlet with rage.

"WHAT!" Ron finally snaps after a few moments of silence.

"Draco. Malfoy. Is. Head. Boy." I say each word slowly and emphasized while trying to hide the smile that's tugging at my lips. Finally giving in I give him a cheeky smile, wave and walk back to the Head's compartment to get Crookshanks.

~*~

Once everyone is unloaded off the train I scan the crowd for Draco. Spotting his platinum blond hair I find him joking with Blaise ad Pansy while standing by Hagrid. I skip over to them quickly.

"Ah, Granger! Congrats on making Head Girl." Blaise smiles and holds his hand up for a high five. I give him one and smile.

"Thank you Blaise. You can call me Hermione if you'd like."

"Oh, okay, Hermione." He bows and bids us good bye. Before Pansy leaves with him she hugs Draco, and then hugs me. I hug her back realizing the genuineness of it and stand next to Draco.

The first years make their way towards us and we help Hagrid gather them on the boats. When I enter mine and Draco's boat I trip and almost fall. Almost. Draco catches me and pulls me into his chest.