iii

"Joshua Dun I'm arresting you in connection with the disappearance of Tyler Joseph, you do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you fail to mention something, when questioned, which you may later rely on in court. you have the right to an attorney, the right to a free and fair trial..." As his Miranda Rights were being read to him, and the cool harsh metal was clicked into place Josh's hearing zoned out, instead replaced by white noise, he didn't hear his brother's distressed yells, or his sister's tears or the way his father demanded he come with him. The cops ignored all of it, simply reciting their speech before tugging him out of the door of his family home.

Josh didn't stop staring into nothing as cameras flashed in his face and reporters shouted questions. He felt arms wrap around him, and for a second his mind followed where it had been headed and for a moment of pure bliss he thought Tyler was the one holding onto him, Tyler had returned from wherever he vanished but as he turned, and reality and the sounds and shapes around him snapped back into sharp focus he was just in time to see Ashley being pulled off of him, screaming and kicking.

"I love you, look after Abs and Dad okay?" Josh said as some stray tears fell down his cheek and he was roughly shoved into the back of the cop car. His chest ached, every breath a sharp shooting pain in his ribs as he fought to keep it together.