ix

"Do you have anyone who can confirm this story?" Detective Williams asked tenderly, snapping Josh back to the present.

"Uh, his sister Madison, she- I called her after I got to the hospital, she went home and cleaned up the bathroom before his parents got home. His parents know he was in hospital but, he- he told them it was a basketball injury." The detective nodded and scribbled on her notepad.

"And the hoodie in the trunk, that was the one you were wearing when you found him?"

"Yes. I didn't mean to leave it there I just, I couldn't bear to look at it, to remember how he-" Josh choked and Detective Williams gave him a sympathetic smile.

"You really cared for him didn't you Joshua?"

Josh nodded sniffling again. "I love him, I would never hurt him please, you have to believe me."

She nodded. "If we can corroborate your story then you will be free to-"

She was cut off by Wentz entering the interrogation room, they hurried up to her and began whispering frantically in her ear.

"For the purpose of the tapes: DI Wentz has entered the room to deliver some news, as a result this interview is terminated at 5.26pm."

Josh blinked up at them. "What's going on here?" Dallon asked straightening his jacket.

"Josh is free to go; it seems Tyler Joseph just walked into his family home."