vii

Josh gulped. Looking at Dallon with wide eyes. "The dating is close to the time of his disappearance Joshua. Not to mention we found a sweatshirt in the trunk, with more blood on it." Wentz stated.

"I- He did it to himself." Josh said and Dallon looked like he was about to snap his pen he gave Josh a look to stop talking but Josh wasn't about to let them sit there and accuse him of hurting his best friend. The one person he cared about most in the world.

"What do you mean by that Joshua? Do you think he brought it upon himself?" Wentz spat harshly. Josh whimpered.

"Objection you're putting words in my clients' mouth." Dallon argued.

"Am I Joshua?" Wentz searched his face intently. "Or am I right?"

There was a pause as Josh felt his pulse sloshing in his ears.

"Oh come on," Wentz continued. "You were the last to see him alive, you said he told you he loved you? Or did you tell him, and he rejected you, told you he was planning to run away so you killed him-"

"NO"

"-you killed him and you hid the body and you hoped it would all go away." Wentz slammed his hand on the table and Josh burst into tears. "Did you not tell his sister and I quote 'this is my fault' after you were told he was missing?"

"You're wrong!" Josh stood from the table his whole body shaking, a line of snot spread across his lips that he wiped with the sleeve of his hoodie.

"You need to get your detective under control." Dallon said firmly looking at Williams. She nodded her face flustered and angry. She pulled her detective by the arm. "Interview paused at 4.38pm." She clicked off the recorder before yanking her partner out of the room.