vi

"He text me around 10 when his parents headed to bed and I picked him up at half 11 like we always do, he didn't seem off when he text me, but then-" Josh stopped as he remembered the way Tyler had seemed so jittery when he'd got in the car.

Shaking like a leaf in the wind, but Josh had asked if he was okay and Tyler had promised he'd never been more sure of anything as the fact that he was alright as long as Josh was around. Josh's cheeks had flushed bright red to the tips of his ears as they smiled at each other and Josh had held his hand and asked where Tyler wanted to go. Tyler had simply demanded that they drive through as much of downtown Columbus as they could in the short time they had.

Josh hadn't even questioned it. He recounted the story to the detectives who simply nodded.

"So is that why you were spotted at a gas station at 1.45am on the 5th almost an hour away from your homes?"

Josh nodded. "Yes, I was running low on gas so we stopped to buy some, Tyler wanted a red bull so we went inside paid and then I started driving us home, because I knew he was supposed to be at school the next day."

"Do you share the car with anyone? A family member maybe?"

"No- I mean, I will have to after my sister graduates but for now it's just mine."

The detectives nodded, before the female reached into the case file in front of her and began pulling out evidence photos taken of the inside of Josh's car, she stated the serial numbers on the evidence for the tapes before pushing them in Josh's direction. "Joshua can you confirm that these were in fact taken in your car?"

"Yes?"

"What's circled here," she gestured to the red circles draw on the image, "are blood stains, DNA match is positive with Tyler's. Care to explain how that got there?"