chapter 3

Jenna, walked down the cement sidewalk, deep in her own head. Thinking about all the things that had happened to her that day. She closed her eyes briefly, as his doe hazel eyes flashed vividly in her memory. The gentle soulful look about them, sucked her in, almost as if calling to her. She felt the sides of her mouth curl in a smile, and bit her lip. She slowly opened her eyes, and kept walking down the narrow sidewalk. Turning the corner to find herself at her new home, a dingy decrepit abandon house in a forgotten neighborhood, a few blocks behind the school.

She sighed, as she shimmied her way through the door, felix her cat welcomed her ,softly rubbing up against her leg . Felix was a small tabby cat with amber brown fur and brown stripes, that covered his small frame. He meowed softly and scurried somewhere out of sight. The house wasn't all that bad on the inside, the door's hinges only let the door move so far open and then it would get suck, causing her to have to shimmy through. Cobwebs filled every nook and cranny, while dust covered most of the surfaces. Except maybe the kitchen table were she ate, and the sofa that she slept on every night. She tried to keep those as clean as possible.

Although she hadn't always lived in this house it was only recently that she'd come upon it. The year before Both her parents had died in a car crash and she was left an orphan. Alone to fend for herself. No one knew, if they had. They'd completely forgotten. Shortly after her parents had died she had collected all her clothes and precious items into a suitcase. Such as money, her school supplies and whatever else she could think of.  and her, her cat felix and the suitcase, said goodbye to the memories and fled  home.

Jenna hadn't been able to pay the rent after her parents had died, and she had no other family to go to. So the only thing she could think of was to abandon her old house, before the police or children services stuck her in an orphanage. And she couldn't have that. So she had racked her brain to remember any place to go, she had briefly recalled walking with her parents in an abandon neighborhood and vaguely remembered seeing the abandon house. Although Jenna made due with what she had, she visited a homeless shelter down the street, and picked up food and necessities she needed to help her get by. Sometimes, she'd help scrub floors, or clean toilets for a little extra money.

Plopping herself down on the couch, and rummaging through her small school bag, she pulled out a muffin and a few burnt pieces of toast,  before eating her muffin, she pulled off some burnt bread pieces for Felix. On the way home, she had picked up some food and other necessities  from the shelter. 

The house was always eerily quiet, the only sounds that could be heard where the sounds of her and Felix munching on there food. Jenna hated how quiet the house was, she liked being alone most of the time, but being alone all the time caused her too get lonely and depressed.

After Jenna had finished her dinner she curled up on the couch and let everything that had been bothering her out in a loud sob. She cried silently until her eyes grew heavy and she found herself drifting off into sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I apologize for the boring chapter but my character development is important. believe me the next chapter will be more interesting.