Chapter 9~ Egg Diving

Killua's P.O.V.
     "We will have to restart this Phase, to give the examinees another try!" Netero says. My eyes widen as I slid my hands into my pockets. (F/N) smiles at the decision, and a tiny Pomeranian peaks her head out of her backpack and barks. A little while later, everyone enters the blimp the geezer jumped out of and surprisingly, survived. I sit next to (F/N), Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio. Kurapika is always glaring at (F/N), it makes me feel uncomfortable. Finally, Kurapika speaks.
     "(F/N), do you know anything about the Kurta Clan?" Kurapika says, giving (F/N) the death glare. Leorio notices and turns his head towards the conversation.
     "The Kurta Clan... I've heard about it. Rumors say that there is still one more survivor, according to some group that I recall, had something to do with a spider," (F/N) claims. Kurapika stood up and faced (F/N) closely. It startles me and I jump up towards Kurapika.
     "Watch it, it isn't nice to get too close to a girl's space." I say. Snowflake barks furiously at Kurapika, so he backs up. Right after that, a bump makes me stumble and everyone fall out of their seat.
     "Heh, I guess we're here," Gon sighs.
    "We'll continue with this later," Kurapika proclaims. He walks away and (F/N) let out a sigh of relief.
    (F/N)'s P.O.V.
     I could feel the body heat rising up from my stomach, I feel so nervous and scared. I wonder, if the rumors I have heard are true.
     Everyone walks out of the blimp, and we arrive at a cliff. Tall, dangerous, and I definitely suggest that kids underneath the age of 10 should not come here (for sure). As the large group of examinees look upon the large cliff, Netero explains our tasks at hand.
     "Yeesh, do. we really have to go down that thing..?" Leorio stutters as he grabs the collar of his shirt.
     "Of course! And if you don't want to do this, you are free to walk back onto that blimp," Netero explains.
     "Sir, may you take care of my dog while I'm off doing the Exam?" I ask Netero. "It may be to dangerous for her."
     "Of course!" He smiles. He slowly takes Snowflake, and she licks Netero like if it were a popsicle.
     "Along with explaining this process," Menchi orders directly. "We are at Mount Split-And-A-Half, the Mountain where the most difficult ingredient in the world is gathered. As you see here, there are webs that are protected above the eggs, and the eggs come in batches that are contained inside a web."
     "You've got to be joking..." A fat guy (that is not Tonpa, too tall to be him) declares. "We have to..."
     "Yep. Exactly!" Menchi claims. She takes a few steps toward the cliff, then jumps off. Some people covered their eyes or turned away. Soon, we hear the sticky sound of Menchi grabbing onto the web. She waits for a while, until a gentle updraft is taken place, she let go of the web, releasing a crrrk sound because of the stickiness of the web. Everyone gasps in horror and turns away, except a few of us, who maybe amused to see whatever the outcome there is to her fate. Menchi grabbed onto an egg, and she fell down with it.
     "Is she crazy? She just... killed herself!" Leorio exclaims.
     "No, she did not," Kurapika claims.
     "Huh?" Leorio questions.
     Everyone who had covered their eyes were surprised to see Menchi alive, and with an egg. A very strong wind pushes her up above from Mt. Split-and-A-Half.
     "Wow... I have been waiting this for my entire life!" Gon exclaims and jumps off. Killua smiles at me and grabs my hand.
     "Lets go, (F/N)!" Killua smiles. I smiled back and we all jump off and plummet to our dea- I mean, plummet towards the eggs..!
     "Yeah!" I reply.
     Lets go!
     Gon's P.O.V.
     I start off the first jump, while others join in with me. The Hunter's Exam was even more fun than I thought!
     "Hey, wait! I haven't finished saying the instructions!" Menchi barks.
     "Leave them be. They will be fine, at least most of them," Netero claims. Soon enough, about 150 contestants are hanging onto the web that Menchi had mentioned earlier (well, that's a specific number of contestants).
     "Don't go yet!" I exclaim to everyone. The Web was just losing its grip, it couldn't hold everyone. Some people already dived for it, and they were never seen again (rest in peace, my children). I sniff the air, and I could feel a gentle updraft. "NOW!" I yell. Everyone let go of the web grips to grab an egg, and we soon find ourself floating above the mountain. I smile as bright as the sun, and I turn to Killua and (F/N) and they are smiling back at each other... They're so cute together! I ship them so much!
     Kurapika's P.O.V.
     I slightly put the egg into the boiling pan, and I boil it perfectly in every single spot of the egg. I wonder, maybe (F/N) has something to do with the disappearance of the Kurta. I slightly stare at her with the demeaning eye, and my vision meant red for a second.
     "No, no, no! I can't think of that now..." I whisper to myself as I rub my eyes. My vision returns to normal. But, there is just something not right about her, she's different, I can sense it.
     "Hey, Kurapika! Over here!" Gon waves. I smile back at him with a heart warming smile. Maybe I should take it easy for a bit, take a little break and relax with my friends. I still have to ask some questions to (F/N), but maybe, a little bit nicer.
     (F/N)'s P.O.V.
     I see Kurapika jogging towards us, and Gon greets him to the group. "Take a bite!" Gon exclaims. "Trust me, it's really good!" We all take a bite at the same time, and my eyes are gleaming as bright as the sun.
     "WOW, I SHOULD JUST GO GET ANOTHER ONE!" I exclaim.
     "I'm coming with you!" Killua replies.
     "Hey, it may be too dangerous!" Menchi stammers, but we had already taken the heed. By the end of the day, Killua and I had collected about 3 dozen eggs, each.
     "HAHA!!! Jokes on you pal, I got billions more than you got!" Killua teases Gon.
     "Uh, not really," Gon smiles nervously, "Look behind you."
     Killua looks at his used-to-be-pile of eggs that have just been devoured by the one and only (drumroll) Snowflake!
     "WHAT THE..?! BAKA!" Killua shouts angrily. Snowflake releases a belch that almost kills Killua. Everyone starts laughing, including Kurapika,
     "I guess you've all learned your lesson," Menchi says to those who did not want to make the jump.
     "I was completely outclassed this year," a tall fat guy says. "I will come back, and I won't make the same mistake again!"  Snowflake rolls her tongue out of her mouth, and I smile at the words that just came out of his mouth, it proves him to take the Hunter's Exam once more. Everyone like him deserves a second chance, don't they?