. chapter øne .

i want to know.

It was the first day of junior year for Tyler, I know, cliche.

Tyler's mind was racing in between everyone walking past him, keeping an eye out for his friends, Debby in particular. He gave up and walked toward his locker at the other end of his school, because he was a junior, nothing was new to him.

"Ty!" he heard a screech from nearly the front entrance of the school, he sighed at the grunge girls loud attempt to get his attention, he turns to face her.

"Whats your first class?"  Debby says, nearly out of breath and a death grip on Patrick's wrist. 

"Can you let go of Patrick, he's just a bean." Tyler, Debby and Patrick were always together and had a stronger bond than family, although the entire friend group was not all here. Debby let go of Patrick, a chuckle leaving as she did.

"I think I have humanities, room 322." Tyler basically frowned at his schedule.

"Oh, me too!" Patrick chimed in, a cheeky look on his face but no one really noticed. "Thank goodness, wanna head down there now?" Tyler respected Patrick's nod and grabbed his wrist like Debby from before, except softer.

"I'll try and find Jenna, see you guys." Debby readjusted her loose flannel around her waist and pushed through groups of people. "Look in the art room!" Tyler tried to shout at her before being pulled by Patrick, he hated being in crowds.   

Tyler and Patrick walked down the black stairs, high hopes to have the football team ignore them, even though Patrick loved the attention from the quarterback, Pete, and everyone knew it.

Tyler, on the other hand, had the worst feelings around them, guilt, disgust, and regret.  

Tyler made eye contact with all three all-stars, Pete, Cody and Dallon. The tension between the four felt very vulnerable and had all eyes locked, Patrick pushed Tyler a bit to pull him out of his trance, Patrick tried to cheer Tyler up with slight hand movements and a pat on his back.

Most of Tyler's friends knew how devastating Tyler's short summer was, the slightest action could tear him from the inside - out. Tyler noticed a familiar oak door with large amounts of art on it, it was his humanities class, and Patrick's I guess.

"This way I guess." Patrick pointed towards the obvious room, entering and both grabbing seats next to each other. Besides the other four students in the class, they were alone, almost waiting desperately for another friend to prance through the door frame.

 Besides the other four students in the class, they were alone, almost waiting desperately for another friend to prance through the door frame

- totally not them but still looks aesthetic -  

Their monotone lips turned bright red as Debby basically danced into the classroom, shouting as soon as she saw her best friends sitting in the corner of the room.

"Please sit down and lower your voice." the eight-month pregnant teacher kindly whispered, Debby, rolled her eyes and placed her backpack on the chair behind Tyler and Patrick's.

"Do I even need to ask?" Tyler used sass to communicate with Debby, Patrick nodded his head, agreeing with Tyler. "Turns out I had the wrong schedule, I had this girl named Ashley's." Tyler smiled and chuckled, finding everything Debby does hilarious.  

The familiar feeling of being on a roller coaster hit Tyler as he watched his ex walk into the same room as him, followed by his friend, Mikey. Tyler quickly took imaginary notes, Patrick watched him and Debby death glared the foul man, Josh would always stare back and smirk.

-

I usually don't do these, but i'm gonna try to do it every chapter because I'm desperate. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you didn't, I suggest you read next chapter it will make more sense, thanks. I didn't really want such a strong song for this chapter but I like it.

Negative Nancy - Adore Delano