. chapter three .

tonight

Today was a special day for Tyler's class, his pregnant teacher has now been replaced with a new tall, handsome man to teach their class. He seemed oddly familiar to Tyler but that was beside the point.

A small card was placed on the teacher's desk, everyone was asked to sign their name and possibly a suggestion for the new member of her family, one by one people line up and look at the new teacher in the corner of their eyes, staring him down.

Tyler wasn't in love with the new teacher but he didn't mind paying more attention during class.

"Let's go sign that card like it's nobody's business," Debby said after tapping Tyler and Patrick on the shoulder, Tyler nearly dreaded the decision as he saw Josh lineup, he curled his sleeves over his fingers just at the thought.

- totally not them but still looks aesthetic -  

"C'mon, Ty. Hurry up." Patrick teased, Tyler responding with the nod of his head as usual.

He tucked his paint-like markers and single sharpie into the back pocket of his jeans, stuffing his journal into the slot under his desk, Patrick has already finished signing the card and put a heart over every letter he wrote down.

Tyler made his way down to the desk, the scent of Josh's cologne had him disoriented and distraught, it wasn't until his markers had fallen down on the ground that he realized where he was.

"I got it."  The voice tortured Tyler's ears, he quickly looked away, Debby viewing the situation as if it's a cinematic scene but with Josh and Tyler as the confused main characters.

"no, i-it's ok. I got it." Tyler rushed down and grabbed his utensils, the same ones that stained Josh's skin weeks ago. Josh grabbed some colors, the rest being snatched by the panicking boy, a glimpse of sharpie displayed on his wrist, Josh's eyes being unwillingly lured to the marks under the boys navy blue sweater, what a traumatizing sweater in Josh's eyes.

 Tyler grabbed the rest from Josh's hand, with as little contact as possible, hurrying back to his desk, a sweaty mess. This has been the only encounter with Josh since the incident at the quarterback's house, Only Tyler's friends knew what he was going through at the moment.

It wasn't until an hour into the lesson a pastel girl from across the room wouldn't keep her eyes on her page, he noticed her actions toward Josh, nearly the same as Tyler's. He knew her name was Melanie, they had seen each other before at the mall, but he tried not to think about it too much.

She looked at Tyler as if she needed to apologize, what did she want?

-

Sorry for the short chapter guys, I wanted to add another scene but it would get way too long. Thank you to everyone that is enjoying it, I love the comments, they really make my day! 

Devil In Me - Halsey