. chapter twø .

trigger warning// self harm 

 before school started,

a page ripped from an old book...

It was nearly turning midnight, Tyler found himself in such a rough place today due to his parents fighting, being at Josh's house was probably the best thing for him currently. The loud conversations of both Tyler and Josh had to soon be muffled because of Josh's tired roommate, Brendon.

Watching movies wasn't the only thing Tyler and Josh were good at, Josh was great at cheering Tyler up and he loved it. The couch was very big compared to both of them, so Tyler was able to cuddle with his boyfriend, and that's all he wanted to do and Josh was okay with that.

 The couch was very big compared to both of them, so Tyler was able to cuddle with his boyfriend, and that's all he wanted to do and Josh was okay with that

 - totally not them but still looks aesthetic -

Today Josh made it all about Tyler, they had just returned from a movie theater, Josh got Tyler tickets to a special viewing of Coraline in theaters, just to return to the house and watch edgy teen movies.

Tyler and Josh have been dating for a couple weeks, they have been non-stop hanging out, they knew each other well, but they aren't as close as they could be, they haven't even had their first kiss yet.

"It's kinda hot in here, can we open a window?" Tyler asked as he sat in Josh's lap, covering his mouth with his sleeve.

"You could start by taking off that huge sweater, and maybe not be laying on top of me." Josh laughed, he was always teasing Tyler, but Tyler was wearing a large sweater.

"Oh never mind, I'm fine." Tyler nervously chuckled, keeping his eyes on the television, Josh watched his boyfriend with shining eyes and stood up slowly, laying Tyler back on the other side of the couch.

"Want something to drink?" Josh asked from the kitchen, Tyler got up, paused the movie and leisurely walked to Josh. Tyler put his nose against his lovers, "Yes please." he whispered. Josh had a light laugh, followed by pink cheeks, he loved Tyler so much.

"I'll make juice, you grab the cups." Josh turned to his cupboard, then looking to Tyler and watching the sleeve to his long blue sweater slip down, an array of lines made of sharpie cover his arm, it was a tragic sight, Josh acts like he didn't see anything but having a terrible thought in his head. 

Tyler instantly grabs the cups and slams them on the counter to quickly pull up his sleeve, he looks to Josh and is sure he hadn't seen anything, his nerves override whatever sense he had.

"Are t-these good?" He coughs to cover up his stutter, barely looking at Josh. The smile that Josh shined at Tyler seemed fake, but Tyler wasn't paying attention, which wasn't like him. Josh pulled Tyler in front of him and wrapped his arms around him, Tyler became relaxed and still.

"Can you do something for me?" Josh questions.

"What is it?" Tyler turned to face Josh, switching his view back and forth from the floor and Josh.

"I want you to draw on me, please." It would sound like a weird request for any other modern-day couple, but Josh knew Tyler was extremely talented in arts, especially with colors. Josh was obsessed with it and would fantasize about crazy designs every day.

Tyler's eyes lit up, "Can I really?" Josh found the atmosphere a lot happier than a couple minutes ago, "Uuh, Duh" Josh teased, Tyler pulled Josh to his room. "I love being pulled around my own house." Josh said quietly, Tyler was too focused to acknowledge it. 

Josh sits on the edge of his messy bed, more blankets laid on the floor than his own sheets, but Tyler was fine with it. Tyler pulls out a black journal with an outline of a forest on it, flipping thirty pages in and grabbing a high-quality marker from the bottom of his bag.

"Whoa, is that for me?" Josh catches a glimpse of Tyler's drawing, a giant oak tree with a landscape consisting of the most beautiful colors the sun can make, with a galaxy mural filling up his shoulder, a work of art playing out on the boy's skin.

Every time Josh would talk, Tyler would make him stay quiet, he ended up playing Lana Del Rey just to shut him up, Tyler was never good with compliments. He worked for nearly an hour before he finished, Josh loved what he did, he never understood why Tyler didn't do more stuff publicly.

Tyler leaned back to take a final look, putting the lids back on all of his paintbrush markers and letting Josh shower him in compliments like he does. 

"I'm never washing this off." Josh hugged Tyler, light smiles were placed on both their faces, they pulled back and Josh held Tyler by both sides of his face, all eyes connected as the world went slow motion, they leaned in and shared each other's lips for nearly two seconds, this was the best night of Tyler's life.

-

Hey, it's me again. If your confused the story is going from past to present. I hope it works out and it all comes together. thank you! I try to not add super popular songs but I felt like this just worked so well.

Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey